AMD's New GPU Kernel Driver Could Be Too Late For Linux 3.19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
    I've been using AMD's FOSS drivers on all of my AMD machines for two years now, and it runs perfectly. AMD started heavily investing into their open source drivers in the summer of last year. If you're still using Catalyst, you're doing it wrong. Not only is it buggy, but it gets less framerate and support than the open source Gallium3D drivers.
    Good luck with that. I will never buy AMD chips again, because I don't like AMD performance, graphic or otherwise, in Windows or Linux, and don't like Catalyst. I'm Intel all the way after being an AMD fan boy from back in the day. When I look for chips, I begin by clicking the Intel checkbox, excluding everything else. The available cpu's in the world for me begin with Celeron and end with the i7.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst_igor View Post
      Good luck with that. I will never buy AMD chips again, because I don't like AMD performance, graphic or otherwise, in Windows or Linux, and don't like Catalyst. I'm Intel all the way after being an AMD fan boy from back in the day. When I look for chips, I begin by clicking the Intel checkbox, excluding everything else. The available cpu's in the world for me begin with Celeron and end with the i7.
      Funny, considering AMD graphics has better performance than Intel on Linux and Windows. Intel's closed source drivers on Windows are even a catastrophe. Your excuses are moot here. AMD and Intel employees work together to improve Mesa. Any gain Intel gets with their FOSS drivers on Linux, AMD also gets.

Comment

Working...
      X