• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheer up a bit:
    http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=104713

Comment

Originally posted by ferreira View Post
      Bugs happen.

But did you notice in that thread a nvidia employee recognizing the bug, giving a bug number and letting the users know that investigation was occuring?

We reproduced the issue and NVIDIA bug #379270 was opened. Our team is investigating.
      Nice lesson in PR for AMD/ATI I think.

Comment

Originally posted by ferreira View Post

Hope their ear drums pop .

Comment

Originally posted by ltmon View Post
          But did you notice in that thread a nvidia employee recognizing the bug, giving a bug number and letting the users know that investigation was occuring?

Nice lesson in PR for AMD/ATI I think.
          AMD is aware of the wide screen bug and others in this thread, I just sent off an email to make sure.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Seems good. But I've just ordered my nvidia replacement!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              AMD is aware of the wide screen bug and others in this thread, I just sent off an email to make sure.
              Thanks Michael. Here's hoping for a hotfix.

Comment

Here are my own personal experiences with the driver:

ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro AGP

Direct rendering still works.
                xv seems to work OK.
                Dual-head is still totally broken for me.
                AIGLX still does not work - compiz refuses to start, no matter which workarounds or hacks I try.
                No OpenGL memory leak (although I could never reproduce this in the first place)
                amdcccle looks nice, seems to work fine
                On first try, I still had to run glxgears, Ctrl-C, then run it again for it to appear.

Overall, no significant changes for my system since last release.

BTW - I do the catalyst packaging for Arch Linux - how do I go about contributing to phorogit?

Comment

Cerebral,

If you want to get your scripts on Phorogit (and included with the actual driver installer) and on the beta program, send an email to michael [at] phoronix.com and I can forward it on to AMD.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

This is the first fglrx-version ever that blankly refuses to drive my laptop LCD at its native 1680x1050 resolution. Nice trick. Yes I know it's mentioned in the release notes, but it's a real bummer, still. This is why it got somewhat delayed ?

Going back to trusty old 8.40.4 *sigh*. This driver looked to be a good release, but then yet another *huge* showstopper emerges.

Lenovo Thinkpad Z61m, ATI radeon mobile X1400.. Affected by widescreen-bug.

Comment

I can confirm that the resolution is locked to non-widescreen resolutions, and that I cannot correct it from either amdcccle or my xorg.conf.

I'm on a T60 with a X1400.

Comment

Working...
                      X