No announcement yet.

AMD Releases UVD Video Decode Support For R600 GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v12 doesn't help me. I share my database with mysql on all my machines. if everything goes well, i can use kodi 14 on windows without patch and build xbmc by myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nille View Post
      v12 doesn't help me. I share my database with mysql on all my machines. if everything goes well, i can use kodi 14 on windows without patch and build xbmc by myself.
      V12 just to see the perf issue. It is unusable.

For kodi we will push the dxva refcount fix and workout pyramid strict issue :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nille View Post
        Does someone Test this now with xbmc? and if its not working, did someone test it with the va-api wrapper for vdpau?
        Running Fernetmenta version the HD 4850 (RV770) plays nice with VDPAU. HD 2600 XT (RV630) plays some videos (had success with two Blu-ray rips) but other videos makes the GPU crash.

Comment

• Originally posted by fritsch View Post
          For kodi we will push the dxva refcount fix and workout pyramid strict issue :-)
          Its not done yet so i go from the worst. Special if i hear thats there is a deadline. because this, the buggy dxva decoder gets unfixed in all the 13 releases

PS: substitute for thumbs didn't work on android. he is ignoring it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kamerat View Post
            Running Fernetmenta version the HD 4850 (RV770) plays nice with VDPAU. HD 2600 XT (RV630) plays some videos (had success with two Blu-ray rips) but other videos makes the GPU crash.

Please pastebin a debuglog, curios cause we close the Decoder when interop extension is missing.

Comment

Please pastebin a debuglog, curios cause we close the Decoder when interop extension is missing.
              First playing Blu-ray rip, then some other video. The computer did hardlock when searching in the last video.

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kamerat View Post
                First playing Blu-ray rip, then some other video. The computer did hardlock when searching in the last video.

http://pastebin.com/mVNCM5Ft
                Interop is available - no idea why :-) and it seems to work somehow. Perhaps the OSS people can say sth. about it.

Comment

Interop is available - no idea why :-) and it seems to work somehow. Perhaps the OSS people can say sth. about it.
                  Some of the hardware is capable of it. around page 10 are other users that try it. I think i have to look for an old hdd to test it with the hd4200

Comment

Christian's patch to disable interop on chips that don't support field based decode just hit git today:

Comment

• Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                      Christian's patch to disable interop on chips that don't support field based decode just hit git today:
                      http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...c6e4422fffb156

And which chips doesn't support it?

Comment

Working...
                      X