Radeon Gallium3D Is Running Increasingly Well Against AMD's Catalyst Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boffo View Post
    You need to cancel libstdc++.so.6 and libgcc_s.so.1 in the portal2 directory. Google it, I had the same problem.
    Ah I didn't know that in the portal2 directory. I had to do that in the steam directory since steam itself had a GLX error when it started up. Thanks, I'll have to try that when I get back.

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
      In real life is performing about 30% of the Catalyst performance and 10% of Catalyst rendering quality. There are missing textures, flickering etc in the most Steam games.
      What hardware and what game? I tested DOTA 2 with R600, R700, EG, and Cayman a few months ago and didn't see any issues (after I fixed them all ), though it was mainly R600 and R700 that needed fixing. Hyper-Z was disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
        In real life is performing about 30% of the Catalyst performance and 10% of Catalyst rendering quality. There are missing textures, flickering etc in the most Steam games.
        With RadeonSI or R600g?

Because I have not had rendering problems in games for a long time with my Diamond Radeon HD 4670.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post
          I'm curious to know what's wrong with the HD6950, though. It's weird that it's about as fast as the HD6770 with mesa even though it's a much faster card with the closed drivers.
          I guess the driver is optimized for VLIW5 while the 6950 uses VLIW4 (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_...#Chipset_table - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TeraSca...rchitecture%29 ). I wished someone would spend some VLIW4 love to r600g.

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
            I guess the driver is optimized for VLIW5 while the 6950 uses VLIW4 (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_...#Chipset_table - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TeraSca...rchitecture%29 ). I wished someone would spend some VLIW4 love to r600g.
            Considering only two cards in existence use VLIW4, one can understand why the FOSS driver devs don't see it as a priority. Especially if it requires much work.

Comment

hm

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
              Considering only two cards in existence use VLIW4, one can understand why the FOSS driver devs don't see it as a priority. Especially if it requires much work.
              it?s not good for a 6950 owner

Comment

it?s not good for a 6950 owner
                We Linux users who intend to use FOSS gpu drivers don't have the luxury of buying any graphics card on the market and expecting it to run out of the box with full performance, atm.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
                  What hardware and what game? I tested DOTA 2 with R600, R700, EG, and Cayman a few months ago and didn't see any issues (after I fixed them all ), though it was mainly R600 and R700 that needed fixing. Hyper-Z was disabled.
                  A side question, where to report issue spotted on r600g and radeonsi driver on Steam Games?
                  The portal for AMD graphic are seems dedicated to catalyst driver.

Comment

Originally posted by lovenemesis View Post
                    A side question, where to report issue spotted on r600g and radeonsi driver on Steam Games?
                    The portal for AMD graphic are seems dedicated to catalyst driver.
                    On bugs.freedesktop.org Mesa/Drivers/Gallium/r600 and Mesa/Drivers/Gallium/radeonsi

Comment

Thx dungeon.

I have some nasty bug with Witcher 2 atm. will report it.

As for the test results?

Forcing s3tc is only thing needed for my radeon to work wonderfully! (5730M HD)

And it was always getting better.

Anyway, if I wanted to switch to GCN hw, which GPU is currently best?
                      (No way I will use Catalyst. Period.)

Comment

Working...
                      X