Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rakot
    replied
    This bug is still present in 3.12.3 and 3.13-rc2 in opensuse. Is there any news related to the bug?

Leave a comment:

• dffx
    replied
    If you're running Arch Linux, it seems like the linux-git AUR package builds successfully: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/linux-git/

And I've had no crashes, and vgaswitcheroo/switch remains and reports dynamic power in my discrete GPU.

Leave a comment:

• dffx
    replied
    I was digging around the kernel.org bugzilla and I came across this bug which may be what we're running into: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=61891

Leave a comment:

• dffx
    replied
    Originally posted by sotos4421 View Post
    kernel 3.13: freeze 10sec after boot( if run something with discrete card, do not freeze)
    Code:
    DRI_PRIME=1 glxgears
    Of course that defeats the purpose of runtime power management, since the reason that it doesn't crash on 3.13 when you're running glxgears on the discrete card is because it's not actually turning off.

Leave a comment:

• sotos4421
    replied
    Issues with vgaswitcheroo disappearing?

Same problem here.
    My graphics cards:
    Code:
     lspci | grep VGA
    01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RS880M [Mobility Radeon HD 4225/4250]
    02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Park [Mobility Radeon HD 5430/5450/5470]
    kernel 3.11: o.k.
    kernel 3.12: vgaswitcheroo disappears
    kernel 3.13: freeze 10sec after boot( if run something with discrete card, do not freeze)
    Code:
    DRI_PRIME=1 glxgears
    kernel 3.13, DPM disabled:freeze again

Leave a comment:

• sotos4421
    replied
    Issues with vgaswitcheroo disappearing?

Same problem here.
    My graphics cards:
    Code:
     lspci | grep VGA
    01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RS880M [Mobility Radeon HD 4225/4250]
    02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Park [Mobility Radeon HD 5430/5450/5470]
    kernel 3.11: o.k.
    kernel 3.12: vgaswitcheroo disappears
    Code:
    DRI_PRIME=1 glxgears
    kernel 3.13, DPM disabled:freeze again.

Leave a comment:

• sotos4421
    replied
    Same problem here.
    My graphics cards:
    Code:
     lspci | grep VGA
    kernel 3.11 o.k.
    kernel 3.12 vgaswitcheroo disappears
    kernel 3.13 freeze 10sec after boot( if run something with discrete card, do not freeze)
    Code:
    DRI_PRIME=1 glxgears

Leave a comment:

• ChrisXY
    replied
    Do you have dpm enabled?

Does it work with dpm disabled?

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Originally posted by dffx View Post
    I've never done so before, and am not terrible familiar with the process. I did, however, do a little poking and prodding of my own and I found:
    1. It seems to be an issue with xf86-video-ati/intel, which I had assumed
    The ddxes are not really aware of or involved in hybrid graphics. They just send commands to the kernel driver to draw stuff. The problem is mostly likely kernel related.

Leave a comment:

• dffx
    replied
    I also noticed these errors printed to stdout (before starting X) when testing on linux-next (with stable intel/ati drivers):

Code:
    error waiting for ring[6] to become idle

*ERROR* radeon: failed testing IB on ring 5
    I'm working on getting some more definitive error logs, my Linux partition is not the most stable right now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X