No announcement yet.

Ok, it's November. Where's 8.43?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how is going to happen with ati-linux driver/s, if you where the only developer,?
    I mean real..
    Last edited by Mota_boy; 06 November 2007, 01:01 PM.

Comment

ignore posts from fredo

Comment

Okei, I`m was already thinging what the ****

Comment

I would say on 10-11th November there will be release, or maybe 19th November(RV670 release).
          Last edited by metala; 06 November 2007, 02:08 PM.

Comment

You know, we'd all love the next set of drivers to come out as soon as possible so we can get (hopefully) more stable machines.

But, as echoed by many a person, many a time, I'm willing to wait till the end of the month if it means more fixes and stability.

...somehow I also doubt it'll be out November 10-11th.

Comment

I'm with 8.42.3 and Sapphire HD 2600 XT and I'm feeling very stable with my Debian Lenny. Maybe some bug fixes in pre-R600 will be well met. Because my brother's Mobility Radeon X700 is really blazing(compared to 8.35.5), but there are artifacts that many people have complained about. I have not other complaints about 8.42.3.

Comment

Originally posted by Crunchy View Post
                A driver that actually works with my x1950 Pro AGP would be nice
                I second that Crunchy!
                Using Sapphire X1950 Pro AGP(512). Can get decent 2D but never 3D support.
                Last edited by mabco; 07 November 2007, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Any hint as to when ATI/AMD will release the 3D specs?

I know people have discussed the possibility of non-disclosure or proprietary elements within the chipsets, but I wonder if they are looking at 2D to be rock stable across 80% of the chipsets in production before they release the docs?

My release name vote: 8.43 'aka Black Friday'

Comment

Originally posted by mabco View Post
                    I second that Crunchy!
                    Using Sapphire X1950 Pro AGP(512). Can get decent 2D but never 3D support.
                    I'm using the same card, but I do manage to get 3d support. I just installed the driver and it works. I'm also able to play various games and use AIGLX.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicTempest View Post
                      I'm using the same card, but I do manage to get 3d support. I just installed the driver and it works. I'm also able to play various games and use AIGLX.
                      I wonder what the difference is? I've tried all sorts of kernel and config settings to try and get it to work. What's your motherboard/CPU Magic?

Comment

Working...
                      X