Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Driver To Enabling RadeonSI Tiling By Default

Phoronix: AMD Driver To Enabling RadeonSI Tiling By Default

With a proposed change to the xf86-video-ati X.Org DDX driver, tiling support will be enabled by default for Radeon HD 7000 "Southern Islands" hardware by default in order to boost performance...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTUwMTE

Woo! I'll be testing this out as soon as I get home from work...

Comment

What's the method of enabling tiling without the patch, ie, the xorg.conf option? As I understand it radeon doesn't require xorg.conf, correct?

Comment

Michael, i was wondering if you update LLVM for the RadeonSI 10.0/git tests? I'm guessing not, and i wonder if that would provide a speed boost or not. I think it would give you GL3 support, soon to be 3.1, and likely fixes some bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by dffx View Post
          What's the method of enabling tiling without the patch, ie, the xorg.conf option? As I understand it radeon doesn't require xorg.conf, correct?
          None of the drivers require Xorg.conf / Xorg.conf.d to function. they only get used go override default setting
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by dffx View Post
            See for example:

Comment

Working...
            X