No announcement yet.

The AMD Radeon Performance Is Incredible On Linux 3.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just curious why you don't have anything for the 7000 series.

Do you not own one?

I have a 7950 and would like to know benchmarks as well.

Comment

Because the driver for the 7xxx series is horrible compared to the r600g one, it's just not worth comparing it as there weren't any big improvements.

Comment

I haven't seen any benchmarks on it.

Comment

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
            I think there are other open-source games than are better to be reviewed here, for example, supertuxkart needs more resources than openarena, it would be a better idea.
            STK does not have a repeatable benchmark mode, nor are the improved graphics in a stable release yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
              I am just curious why you don't have anything for the 7000 series.

Do you not own one?

I have a 7950 and would like to know benchmarks as well.
              You can send it to Michael then he does not need to buy one, as AMD does not want to give one to test it.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                STK does not have a repeatable benchmark mode, nor are the improved graphics in a stable release yet.
                Actually it does and is even available in PTS: http://openbenchmarking.org/test/pts/supertuxkart

But I've found the game to be buggy and other issues on different platforms.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Asraniel View Post
                  Somehow this made be just buy the phoronix premium. Having used adblock for years its only fair i think.
                  Saw your message and decided to follow suite. Thanks.

- Gilboa
                  oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                  oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                  oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                  Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Actually it does and is even available in PTS: http://openbenchmarking.org/test/pts/supertuxkart

But I've found the game to be buggy and other issues on different platforms.
                    The --profile modes are not repeatable, it's a separate simulation each time, and the AI will make different decisions.

Comment

Thanks. Any comparison to Windows?

Comment

Working...
                      X