AMD's Initial Radeon Driver Changes For Linux 3.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrvenaZvezda View Post
    Nothing like a pretty GUI when doing graphical stuff.
    Although I agree, I believe it would be nice to have the possibility to change some options through terminal.

Comment

Originally posted by flecht View Post
      Although I agree, I believe it would be nice to have the possibility to change some options through terminal.
      oh that would be fantastic to have a terminal app to tweak radeon. I would love that.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
        Radeonsi HDMI audio support? That's really the last feature I miss to declare my HD7850 fully functional on Linux, the rest is only gradual improvement (OpenGL) or performance optimizations.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
          oh that would be fantastic to have a terminal app to tweak radeon. I would love that.
          You already can. See xrandr, sysfs, lm-sensors, driconf, etc. The problem with an app (gui or otherwise) is that a lof of the configuration is DE dependent. E.g., if you want to switch to the battery power state when the laptop is unplugged, it's done differently in each DE. If you want to save the display configuration, it's done differently in each DE, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
            Video Decode IS done already.. (?) o.O
            Depends on which hardware you are using. Done for my 6870, still missing for my 3200.

Comment

How is the DDX coming along for the radeonsi chips?
              Does GLAMOR now supports zaphod-like multiscreen configurations,
              i.e. no xinerama and separate screens/framebuffers?
              Last edited by entropy; 13 August 2013, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                glamor is working great. Not sure about zaphod with glamor. zaphod isn't really a high priority for us, but if there are problems, it should be relatively straight forward for someone that is interested to fix it up.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                  glamor is working great. Not sure about zaphod with glamor. zaphod isn't really a high priority for us, but if there are problems,
                  it should be relatively straight forward for someone that is interested to fix it up.
                  Thank you, I'll give it a try soon.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                    glamor is working great. Not sure about zaphod with glamor. zaphod isn't really a high priority for us, but if there are problems, it should be relatively straight forward for someone that is interested to fix it up.
                    Not sure about zaphod-mode, but I've used a single-seat multi-monitor solution with glamor in the recent past without issues (on a Radeon 5400 w/ OSS drivers) at work.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                      Well i don't use zaphod but i have my 7770 working with 2 outputs HDMI+dvi perfectly fine with KDE 4.11, the only issue with glamor[not sure if radeonsi miss something tho] is double buffering, i mean qt4 double buffer everything by default, so you will notice there is corruption the first time you open an KDE/Qt app but is gone if you resize the windows.

im trying to get an useable apitrace of the issue but it really dont bother me much, ill open a bug report soon

Comment

Working...
                      X