X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alejandro Nova
    replied
    Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
    I don't know how to properly debug my suspend / resume process. If you can point me to a source or wiki where I can RTFM and document myself about logging / debugging suspension / resuming, you'll have those reports. My issues are with dpm enabled, only.
    @agd5f: The latest fixes from your tree worked, so, no bug report Coincidentally, I faced something like this on Catalyst, somewhere in 2012, and not only on Linux (on Windows too), so these UVD issues seem to be known.

A million thanks, for fixing my suspend/resume cycle.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Oh, I forgot about that. Anyway, the Prey, UT and unvanquished bottlenecks do seem interesting.

Leave a comment:

• droste
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    I was curious about that triangle test and traced it. It's a glorified glxgears, testing swap speed.
    Yeah we had that discussion the last time the test was used. To perform "well" in this task you have to disable "SwapBuffersWait" in xorg.conf:

But it's definitely a no-go for me because I really can't stand tearing ;-)

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    I was curious about that triangle test and traced it. It's a glorified glxgears, testing swap speed.

Leave a comment:

• Alejandro Nova
    replied
    I don't know how to properly debug my suspend / resume process. If you can point me to a source or wiki where I can RTFM and document myself about logging / debugging suspension / resuming, you'll have those reports. My issues are with dpm enabled, only.
    @agd5f: After updating firmware from kernel master git trees, suspending and resuming seems to work. Unless I get more errors, I think I'm going to file a Fedora bug report instead of a fd.o one; Fedora must ship all relevant firmware.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by brosis View Post
    I noticed how SB Vadims shader optimizer makes everything run not only faster, but also more power efficient.
    Just look - SB is dark red, original compiler is orange. SB runs close to catalyst, near half the power consumption!
    Uh? SB is dark red, no SB is grey. Lower is better. And there is no power consumption anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• rudregues
    replied
    It's my E-350!!!

Thanks for benchmarking my APU Michael! :-)

A question:
    - How to correctly interpret the total frame time graphics? I already read in phoronix people saying the important is lower peaks, even with less time.

Leave a comment:

• brosis
    replied
    I noticed how SB Vadims shader optimizer makes everything run not only faster, but also more power efficient.
    Just look - SB is dark red, original compiler is orange. SB runs close to catalyst, near half the power consumption!

Leave a comment:

• Alejandro Nova
    replied
    Originally posted by agd5f View Post
    Please file a bug (https://bugs.freedesktop.org). Also, are you only seeing issues with dpm enabled or in general? There are some issues with UVD and suspend/resume that have patches pending what may fix the issues you are seeing. Please provide the details in the bug report.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    40% OT: Please, can anybody look into suspension/resume with E-series APUs and DPM? My E-450 with Linux 3.11 rc4 doesn't suspend / resume reliably, that with the latest firmware and the latest Fedora packages. I've crawled through my logs and I found nothing, so, please, help.
    Please file a bug (https://bugs.freedesktop.org). Also, are you only seeing issues with dpm enabled or in general? There are some issues with UVD and suspend/resume that have patches pending what may fix the issues you are seeing. Please provide the details in the bug report.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X