X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChrisXY
    replied
    Thanks, that sounds right.

But it does seem to work with 3.9 when I simply set it to true. xonotic would complain that texture compression is not supported without it, but with it it doesn't complain and renders completely fine. Does it not work in every case?

Leave a comment:

• Cybjit
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
    glxinfo shows GL_ARB_texture_compression but not GL_S3_s3tc nor GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc.

Probably because
    Code:
    bool enable_s3tc = rscreen->info.drm_minor >= 31;
    (Not sure how I can see my driver's version.)
    I think this refers to KMS_DRIVER_MINOR in the kernel drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_drv.c.
    The original patch "drm/radeon: add si tile mode array query" increased it to 31.
    So it looks like it will not be supported before 3.10.

(In the actual merging to agd5f/drm-next-3.10 KMS_DRIVER_MINOR was increased to 33, so I guess the detection will be slightly wrong)

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
    Well, all of the few games I listed were native with steam. But they may be ports that work more or less well anyway.
    My bad then!

Leave a comment:

• ChrisXY
    replied
    Well, all of the few games I listed were native with steam. But they may be ports that work more or less well anyway.

All the open source games I try seem to work well. I try them with intel/hd7970m hybrid, so it might have additional bugs. For example when exiting a fullscreen game that has changed my resolution when starting X seems to hang. On a related note: If you think when starting your game for the first time it is appropriate to change my resolution to 800x600, fuck you. If you can't be bothered to read the desktop resolution and make fullscreen not disable my multimonitor configuration, the right thing to do is to make it windowed by default.

Some games that work well: unvanquished, sauerbraten, trigger rally, supertuxkart, minecraft (but low fps (~25) and weird screen updating/tearing), megaglest, 0ad.
    Basically all I tried.

Red Eclipse works ok without shaders. With shaders it looks... interesting.

Half Life 2 in wine has a similar assertion error like the native version. Trackmania 2's shader in wine don't seem to work, only a black screen. When starting Knights of the Old Republic in wine, X crashes.

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
    In other words, it's only capable of running an OpenGL-accelerated desktop compositor and watching videos.
    It's more correct to say that it ran every native Linux app they tried, but will need a couple of more tweaks before runs non-native games through an emulator.

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied
    In other words, it's only capable of running an OpenGL-accelerated desktop compositor and watching videos.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisXY
    replied
    And because Michael wants people to double post:
    * Half Life 1 works completely
    * Trine 2 works!
    * Half Life 2 doesn't display the main screen,
    Code:
    Warning: SI unhandled output type:14
    * Dungeon Defenders display the 3d stuff in the main menu, has some rendering errors when clicking through starting the game but the game itself doesn't actually work:
    Code:
    DungeonDefenders-x86: AMDGPUInstrInfo.cpp:130: virtual void llvm::AMDGPUInstrInfo::storeRegToStackSlot(llvm::MachineBasicBlock&, llvm::MachineBasicBlock::iterator, unsigned int, bool, int, const llvm::TargetRegisterClass*, const llvm::TargetRegisterInfo*) const: Assertion `!"Not Implemented"' failed
    * Serious Sam seems to be farther away
    Code:
    warning: failed to translate tgsi opcode DDX to LLVM
    Failed to translate shader from TGSI to LLVM
    EE si_state.c:1938 si_shader_select - Failed to build shader variant (type=1) -22
    Warning: SI unhandled output type:14
    Sam3: AMDGPUInstrInfo.cpp:130: virtual void llvm::AMDGPUInstrInfo::storeRegToStackSlot(llvm::MachineBasicBlock&, llvm::MachineBasicBlock::iterator, unsigned int, bool, int, const llvm::TargetRegisterClass*, const llvm::TargetRegisterInfo*) const: Assertion `!"Not Implemented"' failed.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisXY
    replied
    Hm, I changed it to
    Code:
    bool enable_s3tc = true;
    and at least in xonotic it seems to work fine.

Leave a comment:

• przemoli
    replied
    Will RadeonSI support ASTC (in hardware) ?

Leave a comment:

• ChrisXY
    replied
    glxinfo shows GL_ARB_texture_compression but not GL_S3_s3tc nor GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc.

Probably because
    Code:
    bool enable_s3tc = rscreen->info.drm_minor >= 31;
    (Not sure how I can see my driver's version.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X