X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• highlandsun
    replied
    Originally posted by brosis View Post
    I think you need to mess with some package, I think its called radeon-tool or something. This tool can powerup the display and must be configured to be called. I forgot how its done, but I had *same*? problem with Xi 1554 - and that solved it.
    OK, I'll search for this, thanks for the hint.

Leave a comment:

• highlandsun
    replied
    Originally posted by madbiologist View Post
    The 3.10 kernel contains a couple of Radeon suspend/resume fixes which might help.

Also make sure you have the latest BIOS update available at http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrab...pport_Download
    One of the BIOS updates listed there mentions "Fix S4 Resume fail".
    Thanks for the suggestion. I just checked, and I've already got BIOS 214, which is the latest on the download site.

Leave a comment:

• brosis
    replied
    Originally posted by highlandsun View Post
    So who here has a Trinity APU based laptop and does suspend/hibernate work for you? My Asus N56DP never comes back from suspend successfully, the display never turns on. (But the system is awake, you can ssh into it, etc.)

I'm wondering if any of this new Richland support will also make Trinity behave better.
    I think you need to mess with some package, I think its called radeon-tool or something. This tool can powerup the display and must be configured to be called. I forgot how its done, but I had *same*? problem with Xi 1554 - and that solved it.

Leave a comment:

• madbiologist
    replied
    Originally posted by highlandsun View Post
    So who here has a Trinity APU based laptop and does suspend/hibernate work for you? My Asus N56DP never comes back from suspend successfully, the display never turns on. (But the system is awake, you can ssh into it, etc.)

I'm wondering if any of this new Richland support will also make Trinity behave better.
    The 3.10 kernel contains a couple of Radeon suspend/resume fixes which might help.

Also make sure you have the latest BIOS update available at http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrab...pport_Download
    One of the BIOS updates listed there mentions "Fix S4 Resume fail".

Leave a comment:

• highlandsun
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Calinou
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    "Much more expensive"? The launch price for 5800k was 115eur, the launch price for 6800k is 125eur. Sure the 5800k is cheaper now, because AMD cut prices to sell old inventory, but the launch price going up by 10e is hardly much.
    It probably depends on countries, but in France, a 5800K is about 110€ and a 6800K about 140€.

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    I disagree about the sadly part. This way it is much better supported on linux. I say thankfully.
    The Trinity APUs also have decent open source support. Their graphics are based on the HD 6000 architecture, not HD 7000. And note that the "HD8xxx" found in the Richland APUs are still based on HD 6000s.
    Last edited by Calinou; 08 June 2013, 10:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    "Much more expensive"? The launch price for 5800k was 115eur, the launch price for 6800k is 125eur. Sure the 5800k is cheaper now, because AMD cut prices to sell old inventory, but the launch price going up by 10e is hardly much.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    I disagree about the sadly part. This way it is much better supported on linux. I say thankfully.

Leave a comment:

• Calinou
    replied
    Originally posted by madbiologist View Post
    AMD announced the availability of the desktop "Richland" A-Series APUs on 5th June 2013. Model numbers are A10-6800K, A10-6700, A8-6600K and A8-6500. They contain Radeon HD 8670D, Radeon HD 8670D, Radeon HD 8570D and Radeon HD 8570D graphics respectively. Further specs and info about performance increases is available at http://www.amd.com/us/press-releases...013june05.aspx
    The Richland series is pretty much a rebrand with slightly increased CPU and GPU frequencies. Sadly the 6800K is much more expensive than the 5800K.

Leave a comment:

• madbiologist
    replied
    AMD announced the availability of the desktop "Richland" A-Series APUs on 5th June 2013. Model numbers are A10-6800K, A10-6700, A8-6600K and A8-6500. They contain Radeon HD 8670D, Radeon HD 8670D, Radeon HD 8570D and Radeon HD 8570D graphics respectively. Further specs and info about performance increases is available at http://www.amd.com/us/press-releases...013june05.aspx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X