This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt
    I found that I had the multithreaded qt installed, and was able to work around this problem by creating yet another symbolic link:

Code:
    Directory:
    /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib
    Command:
    # ln -s libqt-mt.so libqt.so
    After running this, I was able to build the RPM for fireglcontrol via the extracted source. I then cleaned that up and ran the entire process again, and all rpm's were built successfully.

Comment

Cannot stat fireglcontrolpanel

Originally posted by Shinigami2057 View Post
      Hey all, I figured out how to fix it. I extracted the package and examined the makefile for the control panel, and it seems to be assuming that the qt libraries are always in /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib64 (/usr/{LIB_DIR}/{MK_QTDIR}/{LIB_DIR}) when it should be /usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib64. I got the package to generate properly by creating a symbolic link lib64 to lib/. Everything worked fine after that.

is this for 64bit version of fc6 or also for 32bit?, I am still getting the same "Cannot stat fireglcontrolpanel error"

Comment

My system is 32bit FC6, and I hate to make the symbolic link to the lib64, as stated, but I also have to create symbolic links for the qt libraries to point to the qt-mt (multithreaded) libraries.

Have you tried to extract the files and compile the fireglcontrolpanel component? If so, what is the output from that?

Comment

I have a similar problem ! I tried to install the 8.30 drivers no progress. Tried the sym links as well again no progress, then tried to make from source here is the response:

root@localhost lib]# cd /opt/Test/fglrx-install/common/usr/src/ati/fglrx_panel_sources.tgz_FILES
          [root@localhost fglrx_panel_sources.tgz_FILES]# make
          Makefile:91: *** environment incomplete: MK_QTDIR=. Stop.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by doof2006 View Post
            I have a similar problem ! I tried to install the 8.30 drivers no progress. Tried the sym links as well again no progress, then tried to make from source here is the response:

root@localhost lib]# cd /opt/Test/fglrx-install/common/usr/src/ati/fglrx_panel_sources.tgz_FILES
            [root@localhost fglrx_panel_sources.tgz_FILES]# make
            Makefile:91: *** environment incomplete: MK_QTDIR=. Stop.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Many thanks
            Do you have qt and qt-devel installed?
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Do you have qt and qt-devel installed?
              well I checked and only had i386 installed , so I fixed that problem now make runs but generates this message.

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXmu
              collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
              make: *** [fireglcontrol.qt3.gcc4.1.1] Error 1
              rm moc_Page.cpp moc_TVoutAdjustPage.cpp moc_AdjustPage.cpp moc_InfoPage.cpp moc_DualScreenPage.cpp moc_Sheet.cpp
              [root@localhost fglrx_panel_sources.tgz_FILES]#

Comment

Try installing libXmu
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Try installing libXmu
                  Ok it's compiled ! rpm's run can I use the sample xorg.conf file to run a Radeon x1650 or will it crash the xsever ? aticonfig did not run , during rpm install's

Many Thanks

Comment

If you're using 8.30.3, system-config-display with fglrx configured the xorg.conf (I didn't change the 8.30 packaging scripts to aticonfig but its still with system-config-display). You may be able to use the sample configuration, otherwise run aticonfig --initial as root.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

If you're using 8.30.3, system-config-display with fglrx configured the xorg.conf (I didn't change the 8.30 packaging scripts to aticonfig but its still with system-config-display). You may be able to use the sample configuration, otherwise run aticonfig --initial as root.
                      Ok card is up and running with glxgears giving 350 fps. I thought it would give a higher speed ? Aslo mplayer wont run stating : Xshape not supported . Is this a driver or setup problem ?

Many Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X