No announcement yet.

AMD 8.41 Display Driver Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.41 will be out this Wednesday now. The Catalyst 7.9 may be delivered tomorrow, but not the Linux version.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

I am sure the Windows Catalyst 7.9 is avaible on wednesday, too, because they're always avaible at the same time and otherwise, AMD wouldn't have released the final Catalyst 7.9 just without WHQL as a "ET: QW Performance Hotfix", that wouldn't be necessary then.

Comment

When was this going to support X.Org 7.3?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            8.41 will be out this Wednesday now. The Catalyst 7.9 may be delivered tomorrow, but not the Linux version.
            This works. Now I can obtain it and do some tests against a few ATI GPUs to see for myself.

What you're telling us almost makes me want to buy HP's latest and greatest top-of the line notebook machine as a desktop replacement/portable machine.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
              I am sure the Windows Catalyst 7.9 is avaible on wednesday, too, because they're always avaible at the same time and otherwise, AMD wouldn't have released the final Catalyst 7.9 just without WHQL as a "ET: QW Performance Hotfix", that wouldn't be necessary then.
              The catalyst 7.9 are available today:http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Darn -- and I have a 25 man raid on wednesday night ... guess we'll be finding out how well the drivers improve performance the hard way

Comment

I have try amd driver 8.41.7 but it do not work. When I start my computer it write "aucun signal" (no sigal).

The command
                  lspci | grep ATI

give me that:
                  Code:
                  01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 AS [Radeon 9550]
                  01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 AS [Radeon 9550] (Secondary)
                  I have modify xorg.conf with
                  PCI :1:0:1
                  and
                  PCI :1:0:0 (default)

And it do not work

Finally a have run the command:
                  sudo envy -t

and reinstall the fglrx 8.40.4

at that time it work.

Is it possible to use the driver 8.41.4 with an redeon 9550 and an screen Benq FP93G X connecting on dvi port?

Comment

Is it possible to use the driver 8.41.4 with an redeon 9550 and an screen Benq FP93G X connecting on dvi port?
                    I don't see why it shouldn't work, it works for me with a 9600Pro. The 9550 is a lower clocked 9600 core, so there should be no problem with that kind of setup.

BTW I think I know you from another forum.

Comment

What a complete let-down the 8.41 release was.
                      • Doesn't really support anything but the newest cards
                      • OpenGL support is MIA
                      • Still gives display and mouse cursor corruption. How is that possible if the driver is a "brand new codebase"?
                      • No support for X 7.3 / X server 1.4 at ALL which leaves Debian Unstable users completely out in the cold
                      • And yet again, we're told to "just wait"...

Comment

Working...
                      X