Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, you need to

sudo apt-get install libstdc++6:i386

to make it work for Ubuntu 64-bit. Thanks wsnipex.

Comment

Originally posted by Khudsa View Post
      The xv video bug is fixed?

Just tried it. Unless I did sth. horribly wrong I can tell that it is NOT fixed.
      Please shoot me if I'm ever going to defend this binary blob again (in any way).

This is ridiculous!

Edit: How difficult can it be to fix a SEGFAULT and depart from the disputable release cycle
      in case of such obvious and embarrassing bugs?
      Last edited by entropy; 25 January 2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

in short, if you want a pleasant experience, ditch gnome, use kde.

Comment

The usual monthly crap from AMD. Nothing to see here, move along.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            Not quite. With this driver hybrid graphics (Intel SB + AMD 6490M) on my brothers HP ProBook 4530s works.

Comment

Originally posted by Milos_SD View Post
              Not quite. With this driver hybrid graphics (Intel SB + AMD 6490M) on my brothers HP ProBook 4530s works.
              Now if it works it's some kind of achievement? "Working" is not a bonus, it's a requirement. Other that just "working" this driver is crap.

Comment

Now if it works it's some kind of achievement? "Working" is not a bonus, it's a requirement. Other that just "working" this driver is crap.
                It is an achievement. It didn't work before (from 11.6 to 11.12, I tried it all).

Comment

Originally posted by Milos_SD View Post
                  It is an achievement. It didn't work before (from 11.6 to 11.12, I tried it all).
                  You're so easy to impress. I'm not. Imagine a salesman selling cars. People buy from him, but the cars are leaking oil, and smoke is coming from the AC.

You, my friend, are impressed by this car and view it as an achievement, simply because it "works". Me, I view it for what it is: a piece of crap.

Comment

Gnome shells working... makes me happy

Comment

Gnome Shell actually works now without rendering issues. However, it's performance is fairly bad. Window dragging and other window movements such as minimize, are laggy and slow. I'm thinking my yearly swoon with my AMD hardware may be coming to a close. I want to use AMD. I want to like AMD, but their drivers are terrible. It seemed like it was getting better up until 11.11, then it seemed to nose dive again with 11.12 and now 12.1.

I know it's been said by many people numerous times, but how can NVIDIA be so much better at making drivers for their hardware? If it wasn't for a few features that the FGLRX driver has that I need, I would just use the free driver exclusively because of how bad their proprietary one is.

NVIDIA isn't perfect and I would like their driver to have a few lacking features added to it as well, but at least if I decide to use their binary blob I know it just works.

Comment

Working...
                      X