FC6 buildpkg problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same problem here

Add me to the list of people who are having this problem.
    FC 6 (32 bit) installed from the release version DVD
    Trying to install the ATI driver using the script.
    Errors out with this error:
    RPM build errors:
    File not found: /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.29.6-1-5401-root/tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.29.6-1.fc6-root-root/usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel

I have the kernel headers installed, QT, QT-Devel. Someone here mentioned qt-tools but yum says there's no such package (as another poster mentioned.)
    I've also tried clearing my tmp directory with no luck.

It's frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by tekowalsky View Post
      Add me to the list of people who are having this problem.
      FC 6 (32 bit) installed from the release version DVD
      Trying to install the ATI driver using the script.
      Errors out with this error:
      RPM build errors:
      File not found: /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.29.6-1-5401-root/tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.29.6-1.fc6-root-root/usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel

I have the kernel headers installed, QT, QT-Devel. Someone here mentioned qt-tools but yum says there's no such package (as another poster mentioned.)
      I've also tried clearing my tmp directory with no luck.

It's frustrating.
      Do you run into the lqt issue when trying to compile the control panel manually? Hopefully you'll be enlightened by some luck tomorrow
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

See: http://www.phoronix.net/forums/showt...=1860#post1860
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Butterbroetchen View Post
          Hi all,

When I try to run the fglrx script it starts and unpacks the driver file but then after I get this error
          Code:
          install: cannot stat `fireglcontrolpanel': No such file or directory
          Package build failed!
          and later after it dumps the output this:
          Code:
          RPM build errors:
              File not found: /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.29.6-1-2804-carl/tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.29.6-1.fc6-root-carl/usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel
          I have the qt and qt-devel packages installed and I have cleaned my /tmp folder. After restart still the same issue
          I could not find a qt-tools package, yum tells me no match found.

Anyone that can help?

Thanks and Cheers
          Well I just want to say that I am an avid Gnome user and am very BIASED towards it!. But I have been fighting and fighting with the same problem .I read Patric's thread on maybe trying KDE and remembered that I had a similar problem installing Teamspeak in GNOME but it worked in KDE.So I tried the script in KDE and to my supprise it worked. As micheal said the RPMs were built and installed in a little under a minute.HATS off to KDE I'M IMPRESSED!!

Comment

Originally posted by =CQB=Hutch View Post
            Well I just want to say that I am an avid Gnome user and am very BIASED towards it!. But I have been fighting and fighting with the same problem .I read Patric's thread on maybe trying KDE and remembered that I had a similar problem installing Teamspeak in GNOME but it worked in KDE.So I tried the script in KDE and to my supprise it worked. As micheal said the RPMs were built and installed in a little under a minute.HATS off to KDE I'M IMPRESSED!!

I have done all my Fedora 6 ATI installs WITHOUT KDE installed.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              I have done all my Fedora 6 ATI installs WITHOUT KDE installed.
              I realize that Michael and I have not been at this as long as you have But it doesn't change the fact that it worked in KDE. I Don't understand the difference in destops and if asked I would back Gnome.Maybe you can help with that.The only difference is computer hardware and konsole instead of whatever Gnome uses for their terminal.

Comment

Originally posted by =CQB=Hutch View Post
                I realize that Michael and I have not been at this as long as you have But it doesn't change the fact that it worked in KDE. I Don't understand the difference in destops and if asked I would back Gnome.Maybe you can help with that.The only difference is computer hardware and konsole instead of whatever Gnome uses for their terminal.
                No worries, sorry for any confusion. Just meant to clarify my statement as I don't believe I previously stated all the work was done under GNOME. Still investigating this issue, but it does confirm the problem lies with fireglcontrolpanel / Fedora 6 and not the Fedora packaging scripts.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

I tried a different solution

I am also a fan of GNOME and am strongly biased towards it. Anyway i tried a different solution and have installed the ati drivers from the livna repository using yumex.
                  The only changes i had to make is to disable the composite extension. But this has caused another problem. Now i can't get compiz to work.
                  Well i'll keep looking for a solution to this problem too. Please help me out if you can.

Comment

Card not supported

I have just had a closer look at my Card and it seems that it is not even supported by the Driver (I have a 7500 or some call it r200) Is this the case?

Any way the driver should still compile should it not? Or might this be the cause for the error?

Any way this bolg and forum have also helped me a lot with compiling the free driver (radeon.ko) Magor help was the blog entry about the config.h that is missing from newer kernel headers and how to work around it.

Thanks a million. A real life saver. Keep up the great work!

Cheers

Comment

The Radeon 7500 is no longer supported. The R100/200 series cards are no longer in the main ATI fglrx branch. However, you can use the open-source Mesa DRI drivers, which work quite well and support desktop eye-candy but the performance is slower than the official drivers.

For older cards the driver should still build but the module won't load.

For others having the fireglcontrolpanel problem, you're best off waiting for the next ATI driver release... If the problems still persist, then I will write a patch to remove the need to build fireglcontrolpanel.
                      Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                      X