X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Similar problems

Originally posted by HighHo View Post
    drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
    drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device or address)
    drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device or address)
    drmOpenDevice: Open failed
    drmOpenDevice: open result is 7, (OK)
    drmOpenDevice: open result is 7, (OK)
    drmGetBusid returned ''
    I'm on debian sid with an X800 pro and get the same thing except 'result is' was 6 with xserver 1.3.0 and 7 with 1.1.1; as the driver works fine for me on 1.1.1 I'm assuming the above is not the source of the difficulties.

What distro/version do you use? Is this on xserver 1.3.0 or others too?

I get the same results with DRI disabled.

My experience is as follows:

For xserver 1.1.1 (currently in debian testing) fglrx 8.37.6 works fine.

On 1.3.0 I get the same as you: 'freeze' and blank screen which makes my monitor say 'no signal' and shut off.

If I boot in recovery console mode and then continue the boot gnome loads up fine as usual, but if I log out or attempt to restart it locks up as it does on normal boot.

Also, in comparing my working Xorg.0.log for 1.1.1 and the broken one from 1.3.0 I notice that the 1.3.0 suggests it thinks I have an extra monitor?

(II) Loading sub module "ddc"
    (II) LoadModule: "ddc"(II) Module already built-in
    (II) fglrx(0): Connected Display1: CRT on primary DAC [crt1]
    (II) fglrx(0): Display1: No EDID information from DDC.
    (II) fglrx(0): Display1: Failed to get EDID information.
    (II) fglrx(0): Connected Display2: DFP on internal TMDS [tmds1]
    (II) fglrx(0): Display2 EDID data ---------------------------
    I assume this shouldn't be a cause of your problems since you mentioned running a dual head setup.

Hopefully we can nail down where this problem is coming from and submit a bug report to the appropriate project.

-Adam
    Last edited by hobophobe; 04 June 2007, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Sorry for my late responce I have just moved country!
      The issue occured for me on Gentoo AMD64 and Kubuntu on both 32 & 64bit. I belive that on all occations I have been using Xorg-server 1.3.0 although hard to be sure what I was using when the issues all started

Just to add a little more about the card in use, its a radeon X800GT 256MB PCIE using the R423 core.

Comment

Dear ppl,

Please check this out. I have run into similar problems too with my x1800 and no solution so far.. []

Comment

One thing I notice I have in common with our systems is that we both have Nforce 430 chipset/6100 onboard graphics.

Comment

I didn't use fglrx for a long time now. But I'm curious and maybe I stumbled on something there. Both of your xorg.confs seem to have two "Devices". Maybe you could try booting with one of the commented out?

Comment

Already tried with the simple config file mentioned on a previous post, using 1 device results in the same effect as using 2 Devices/Screens/Mointers.

Thanks regardless for taking the time to post a suggestion.
              HighHo

Comment

hmm.. even i was given a similar reasoning by someone else on some forum.. saying the problem may be with the chipset driver and not with the graphics driver.. i donno for sure but

neways all versions till 8.32.5 worked great for me. Problems started with 8.33.6 in which, I heard they did some major rewrite..

Comment

I have had two problems with hard hangs when starting X. One that leads to black screen and one that leads to the monitor getting no signal and shutting off.

The solutions that worked for me were
                  1) Black screen with sync signal: Change AGP Aperture Size setting in BIOS from 64M to 128M (guess if this one took some time to figure out!).
                  2) No monitor signal: Set <Option "AGPFastWrite" "0"> in the Device section of xorg.conf.

Perhaps one of these will do the trick. I'm running the open source radeon driver on a Radeon X800 (R420).

Arvid

Comment

but bitnick.. we are having problems with fglrx and not the OSS radeon driver.. my card (MSI X1800XT VT-2D-512E) does not support Radeon and so i have to use fglrx for gfx acceleration..

Comment

Absolutely! But if this is an AGP issue then perhaps it's worth a try anyway? If you're all running PCIe cards then I guess my advice isn't worth the pap.. ehm, cyberspace space it is written on.

Arvid

Comment

Working...
                      X