No announcement yet.

fglrx 11.1 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with tearfree enabled fullscreen opengl applications behave even worse now.
    even after closing them you still cant see your desktop.
    you need to switch to another tty and back to have everything working as expected.

Comment

I've been out of the fglrx game for a while (open source drivers were pretty good!) but I reinstalled Ubuntu 10.10 and wanted to try out the new driver. I can't get DRI to work because it says the kernel module mismatches the driver...

Is this a problem that people have suffered through? Googling is not turning up a whole lot...

Comment

Originally posted by glxextxexlg View Post
        I remember using it once, the 9.2 release before the support dropped, with my x1950xt. There were various bizzare 2d bugs, compiz was funny, the video tearing could be remedied with using opengl as renderer, but I remember playing torcs with it and it was fun.
        From an orientalist point of view now (and hallelujah I'm not using it) fglrx seems like a modern art piece rather than a driver. Something like this:

Maybe AMD was inspired by Pietro Manzoni's late modernist era avangarde work when designing and implementing fglrx. Such a rare gem...

You remind me of the world famous Nvidia Troll (not the same as a fan) SiliconDoc.Banned from multiple forums for generally useless trashtalk and reviled by ATI and Nvidia users alike.

Rumour has it that his avatar was burnt alive by an Nvidia fan herself/himself.

Comment

It seems the Catalyst devs tried to implement needed functionality in this release but didn't know how to do it correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
            What is so special about v-sync in 2011?
            Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
            It didn't exist in 2010.
            .....for FGLRX users.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
              Then try enabling it.
              It didn't help

Comment

Originally posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
                What is so special about v-sync in 2011?
                Because with all the advancements in composition, they (the composite writers) couldn't give a rats arse about getting tear-free to work.
                Now the driver developers have to work-around some other arrogant developers bad code.

Note that nothing linux with modern hardware, I have, has tear free that works reliably. Not my Nvidia 9500gt notebook (the worst offender), my Ati 4850 desktop, nor the intel G31 desktop.
                Strangely the ancient box with Geforce 6150 works flawlessly...

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                  i really write about V-Sync in the past read my forum posts again.

i do not lie you only can not read.
                  I will confirm: yes, Q did say this quite a while back. 11.1 would fix the vsync issue, 11.2 would be a smaller size, and 11.3 smaller after that - and I'll add on that assuming nothing happens in the mean time to change AMDs plans there.

I don't really suffer from bad vsync issues myself, but it's nice to have the option, and I'm quite sure this will help a lot of people.

Comment

hey maybe webGL support makes you happier? maybe 11.3
                    heh, maybe it'll make firefox devs happier.
                    I haven't actually had any fglrx issues in long time - recently I did have the hwcursor being corrupted on my second screen (switching to swcursor fixed this), but I'll wait for official gentoo ebuilds to see if that's gone now.

Comment

i really write about V-Sync in the past read my forum posts again.

i do not lie you only can not read.
                      Or maybe you are just not the person I meant.

Comment

Working...
                      X