Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series Graphics Cards On Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
    shouldn't it be enough to create an xorg.conf mentioning the correct pciid?
    I tried to do that, and it didn't seem to work.

The primary display is the 6870 (I can't physically swap the cards due to the motherboard manufacturer putting the SATA connectors at the end of the PCIe slot - as the 4770 is slightly shorter it fits in that slot without snapping the cables off).

I'll try hiding the card as suggested above , otherwise I'll stick with the power-lead trick (works perfectly well and I assume it won't break anything).

Comment

Yeah, BusID "PCI:<slot id>" work on here to select my r600g driver( using r600 + 6850). But now I use fglrx 10.11 on my 6850 until open sourced driver comes. It's quite stable and fast if I don't start GIMP (or X kill itself). You can also remove "unsupported logo" from driver within 2 line bash hack.

Comment

Today, tried stream sdk 2.2 and it works with HD6850 too. I donit understand why AMD don't add support for 6800 series on their 10.11 release. Looks like just IDs missing in catalyst 10.11

Comment

I think they're going to release with '11.01 because it seems completely new Catalyst is coming. I hope they launch serious Linux support with it.

Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
          Today, tried stream sdk 2.2 and it works with HD6850 too. I donit understand why AMD don't add support for 6800 series on their 10.11 release. Looks like just IDs missing in catalyst 10.11

Comment

Working...
          X