X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Originally posted by JeanPaul145 View Post
    So tell me... which of HTC's Android phones ships with an AMD GPU instead of Qualcomm's SOCs?
    Gsmarena, Androidworld, go look for yourself...

Leave a comment:

• pvtcupcakes
    replied
    Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    It's not a secret that ATi is on the forefront of open source drivers. Now the closed source drivers are catching up to nVidia's closed source driver.
    I'll agree that the AMD open source drivers are really good, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the closed drivers are in any way close to being good.

Perhaps they're better than they used to be, but I still can't get dual screens working. It took me a trivial amount of time to set up on the open drivers, even back when the drivers were still extremely new. Just last week I had working dual screen on Fedora right out of the box, but that all ended when I installed fglrx.

Once you go dual screen, it's impossible to go back.

Leave a comment:

• JeanPaul145
    replied
    Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    It's not a secret that ATi is on the forefront of open source drivers. Now the closed source drivers are catching up to nVidia's closed source driver.

With HTC Linux Android phones using AMD GPU's and the ATi Linux desktop having the best FLOSS drivers and a pretty good proprietary driver, AMD GPUs could become the one stop shop for Linux graphics. Who would have thought, few years ago, that this would possibly happen?

"AMD all the way" still holds this very day. Best price/performance, greenest full fledged GPU's, fasted GPUs and most widely supported GPUs! :O

AMDs' at it, big time!
    So tell me... which of HTC's Android phones ships with an AMD GPU instead of Qualcomm's SOCs?

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied

With HTC Linux Android phones using AMD GPU's and the ATi Linux desktop having the best FLOSS drivers and a pretty good proprietary driver, AMD GPUs could become the one stop shop for Linux graphics. Who would have thought, few years ago, that this would possibly happen?

"AMD all the way" still holds this very day. Best price/performance, greenest full fledged GPU's, fasted GPUs and most widely supported GPUs! :O

AMDs' at it, big time!

Leave a comment:

• fabioamd87
    replied
    Steam games?

Leave a comment:

• dopehouse
    replied
    We should not forget, that they fixed this http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1824

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    They could just mean Steam through WINE. Although we can hope otherwise

Leave a comment:

• achaios
    replied
    Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    Heh... Don't read more into that than you need to.
    Most probably they mean a fix for this bug:
    Ticket 811722 - Missing text/characters
    http://www.codeweavers.com/support/t...cket_id=811722

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by groo_pcd View Post
    yeah, i was equally perplexed! could this mean what i think it means? we can only dream
    Heh... Don't read more into that than you need to.

Leave a comment:

• groo_pcd
    replied
    steam games???

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    "Fixed text corruption in Steam games "
    Wait what?
    yeah, i was equally perplexed! could this mean what i think it means? we can only dream

Leave a comment:

Working...
X