X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarkFoss
    replied
    The thing is harder to kill that Michael Myers
    If X is still running it just rebuilds itself.

What I do after generating the Mandriva rpms is then use the --extract option.
    Reboot to init 3 upgrade the driver then as I reboot again pop in a live disk.
    Delete the old /etc/ati folder and paste in the new one from the extracted fglrx folder..works every time. May add a few minutes to the upgrade process but what the heck.

Leave a comment:

• mugginz
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    only the 2D version number is right... this is a known bug just ignore it!
    I am ignoring it .

The post is mostly to illustrate to others coming across this issue that the posts which claim that uninstalling the old driver and deleting /etc/ati, then rebooting and installing the new driver doesn't necessarily result in the correct version number being displayed by the Catalyst Control Centre.

To many out there, no, you're not doing it wrong fglrx is (surprise, surprise)

Leave a comment:

• mugginz
    replied
    Originally posted by Fluggo View Post
    Failing to delete the /etc/ati folder often leads to wrong version number showing in CCC.

To get the right version numbers in CCC:

1. Uninstall old driver.
    2. delete /etc/ati folder
    3. install new driver
    It would seem that deleting the files in /etc/ati doesn't get it to report the correct version number. I'm assuming that deleting the directory as well shouldn't make much difference cause 10.9 has populated /etc/ati again but still reports old version number.

Leave a comment:

• smartysmart34
    replied
    Shouldn't the rpm-package generated by the installer take care of this by itself?!?

Leave a comment:

• Fluggo
    replied
    Originally posted by smartysmart34 View Post
    Are you telling me, that if flashplayer / the screen hangs I can go to the text-console by pressing strg*alt+F1?
    On my 64-Bit Opensuse 11.2 with desktopeffects/compiz enabled this caused the system to hang under 10.8 and even before.

I would be glad as hell, if this finally worked again. With 32-Bit suse all was fine. After changing to 64-Bit the system hung up (but only with 3d-Desktop (compiz) enabled).
    Failing to delete the /etc/ati folder often leads to wrong version number showing in CCC.

To get the right version numbers in CCC:

1. Uninstall old driver.
    2. delete /etc/ati folder
    3. install new driver

Leave a comment:

• smartysmart34
    replied
    10.8 can handle the standart 32 bit flash in 10.04 kubuntu and the 10.9 goes down if you switch from fullscreen to windows mode only strg+alt+f1 and after that strg+alt+f7 brings the screen back.
    Are you telling me, that if flashplayer / the screen hangs I can go to the text-console by pressing strg*alt+F1?
    On my 64-Bit Opensuse 11.2 with desktopeffects/compiz enabled this caused the system to hang under 10.8 and even before.

I would be glad as hell, if this finally worked again. With 32-Bit suse all was fine. After changing to 64-Bit the system hung up (but only with 3d-Desktop (compiz) enabled).

Leave a comment:

• 7oby
    replied
    catalyst 10.9 still has a terrible slow blur effect:

Leave a comment:

• Jecos
    replied
    Guess the community didn't dot the i's and cross the t's enough for the dev team to look at the problem until now. The external link clearly states evergreen and the driver version.... no one cares enough about a binary blob that's been griefing them with lackluster quality for years now. if they did care maybe they would of effectively gone through all the loops of reporting it so the dev team couldn't ignore it.

Fglrx couldn't die any slower a death now can it?

Leave a comment:

• smartysmart34
    replied
    i build packages and upgrade the packages by dpkg
    So do I under Opensuse 11.2/64. Can anybody confirm that in that case - even though the different versions show wrong values - the driver is up to date?

Regards,
    Martin

Leave a comment:

• Fluggo
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    The bug report basically says :

- original problem reproduced in house early June (w. Quake Live)
    - originally reproduced problem fixed, Quake Live works in house
    - a few weeks ago AMD dev asked for feedback re: Quake Live, no response yet
    - dev also confirmed that HON failure was repro'ed after original fix so presumably separate problem

so... if we are talking about HON the problem was repro'ed in house a few weeks ago.

Is the HON problem specific to Evergreen ? Don't think I saw that in the bug ticket (no mention of HW at all IIRC).
    Just added that info

Leave a comment:

Working...
X