No announcement yet.

Catalyst 10.8 released...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the huge problem to patch fglrx to build with .34? You need 1 line...

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalone View Post
      Ok, nobody can help me, but just let me know a thing: does ATI Catalyst support "hardware acceleration" for reproduction of videos?
      They don't "supported", but it's possible to get video decoding acceleration with the binary drivers and your chipset. You will need the VA-API glue released independently.

I don't use the binary drivers so I don't know how well this works.

However, is it normal that with these drivers I can't reproduce well all my videos? I'm very disappointed from ATI.
      You should be able to play them just fine. Are you using the gl backend instead of Xv? This is recommended with the binary driver.

Someone will tell me: use open source driver. But with them, fan speed is too high. They warn up too much!
      Isn't there any solutions?
      The open drivers have much improved powersaving starting with the 2.6.35 kernel.

They don't have hardware decoding though (only display/colour/scaling acceleration), so you'll need a strong processor for HD video.

Comment

I'm having major slowdowns with sync to v-blank always on and using compiz.....fgl_glxgears is reporting only 30 fps (the refresh rate is set at 60hz), and the slowdown is visibly noticeable with everything appearing to stutter when they move. I'm using a 5770....extremely disappointing

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          @kano now i use your skript after a cras and hard reset the catalyst works on my system now :-)

thank you kano... you really have magic fingers by writing this skript.

and wow 10.8 fix the horizontal scroling bug now i can read phoronix zoomed again :-)

and no lag bug.. surprise surpise..

the ccc also shows the right version number

the catalyst 10.8 is a good bugfix release in my point of view. (if kano's skript is used)
          You must be running 32-bit Ubuntu 10.04... the 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04 shows Catalyst 10.5 in the control center. Also, check to see if you can get the ATI Stream SDK v2.2 to work (it'll say it's v2.1 from what i can tell on the binaries for 32-bit) and have a bunch of crashes/errors.

Comment

On further testing I have noticed that it isn't a problem with compiz that is causing 3d slow downs with vsync on.....I also get 30fps on fgl_glxgears when using metacity....something is causing vsync to sync to 30 fps instead of 60fps

Comment

@Qaridarium

The error you got could be solved with

sudo apt-get install debhelper

But you may noticed that i already check for every needed depend in my script

Comment

That's definitely not my problem.

Comment

OpenGL ES?

I couldn't get OpenGL ES working at all with these drivers. And it looks like the support for it is not mentioned in the release notes at all. Or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Tsiolkovsky View Post
                    I couldn't get OpenGL ES working at all with these drivers. And it looks like the support for it is not mentioned in the release notes at all. Or am I missing something?
                    WebGL is working fine here. And since it's based on OpenGL ES I can only assume that's working as well. Don't know about other use cases for OpenGL ES on the desktop though.

Comment

So nobody else is having color issues? I keep having certain blues and such replaced with pink(firefox/thunderbird at least).

Comment

Working...
                      X