X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheCycoONE
    replied
    AA

Does this documentation mean we're a step closer to getting FSAA support in the open source drivers?

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    One advantage to shader based video decode is that it can be extended to support lots of new formats pretty easily while fixed function hardware is generally limited to a specific set.

Leave a comment:

• droidhacker
    replied
    Originally posted by MostAwesomeDude View Post
    Wow, I'm sure glad this thread stayed on-topic!

You don't need video decoding to be fully on-the-GPU. Using shaders to accelerate part of the video decoding is already done in Gallium and as soon as the rest of the glue is written you will probably see something along the lines of Theora on VDPAU in Fedora.
    Theora? Isn't that going to be dead soon?

Also, I'm curious as to what the "OMG I MUST HAEV TEH FOLSS GPU VIDEO DECODES" gentlemen are buying, in terms of graphics cards, and whether they would consider sending me one.
    The ones who can't wait are buying broadcom hardware...

Leave a comment:

• Temar
    replied
    Also, I'm curious as to what the "OMG I MUST HAEV TEH FOLSS GPU VIDEO DECODES" gentlemen are buying, in terms of graphics cards, and whether they would consider sending me one.
    What do you need and in which country do you live in?

Leave a comment:

• MaestroMaus
    replied

You don't need video decoding to be fully on-the-GPU. Using shaders to accelerate part of the video decoding is already done in Gallium and as soon as the rest of the glue is written you will probably see something along the lines of Theora on VDPAU in Fedora.

*You read a sign that says: "Warning! Do not feed the pho tr?lls!"

As for the hardware, I'd help if I could but I only have a 4200 IGP and I need my PC.

Leave a comment:

• MostAwesomeDude
    replied

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    @Dieter.
    I asked if DRM could be handeled in software shaders to which Bridgam replied that the DRM should be processed unencrypted throughout the entire device, so l2read...

Leave a comment:

• val-gaav
    replied
    how lucky of me to have an IGP that does not have UVD :P ... I have nothing to wait for ... well shader acceleratrion sounds nice as this one will work for me .

Leave a comment:

• Dieter
    replied
    bridgman writes
    >> We will do... or do not

"Just do it."

--Nike

>> I haven't used Reverse Polish Notation for maybe 30 years

It's not just for the HP calculator sitting in the drawer.
    PostScript and dc(1) are RPN.

Nille asks
    > And what is if the Driver Support video decoding with the Shaders?

If decoding with shaders were good enough, then the UVD would not exist.

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    @Nille,
    Read the last two pages again. Bridgman already told why sole software only decoding was not an option.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X