Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whizse
    replied
    I had a chance to try the same card on Windows, and it does have a thermal sensor (two in fact!). The application Everest reported them as National LM63 and Valterra VT1165 (ATI-I2C 4Ch, 70h).

Is there anything else I can do to help get this working?

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Originally posted by whizse View Post
    Hmm, I'm not getting much of a difference on 2.6.35-rc3, can't find anything in the logs, no new modules are getting loaded, and there's nothing new in /sys/class/hwmon/

I guess this card doesn't have a sensor?

http://pastebin.com/njeTvyyv
    It doesn't appear to. It will print in the log what thermal chip is on board if there is one.

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    Hmm, I'm not getting much of a difference on 2.6.35-rc3, can't find anything in the logs, no new modules are getting loaded, and there's nothing new in /sys/class/hwmon/

I guess this card doesn't have a sensor?

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Originally posted by whizse View Post
    Any idea how to monitor the temperature of a RV570 (Asus EAX 1950 Pro)? I've had a look through the logs, but can't seem to find anything.

http://pastebin.com/vUx352Nc
    For pre-rv6xx cards, assuming your card has a thermal sensor, grab a 2.6.35rc kernel and it should automatically load the hwmon driver for the i2c thermal chip used on your card. The temp info can be accessed via lm_sensors tools or via sysfs /sys/class/hwmon*.

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    Any idea how to monitor the temperature of a RV570 (Asus EAX 1950 Pro)? I've had a look through the logs, but can't seem to find anything.

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Leave a comment:

• that guy
    replied
    Well, I guess I'll try your patch after the rebase or wait for 2.6.36 before I take another look into it. Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    It needs to be rebased due to changes in 2.6.35. I'll probably rebase my pending patches later this week or next.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    The patch can't be applied on 2.6.35-rc3:

Code:
    patching file drivers/gpu/drm/Kconfig
    patching file drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/evergreen.c
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 39 with fuzz 1.
    patching file drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/evergreend.h
    patching file drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/r600.c
    patching file drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/r600d.h
    patching file drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon.h
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 671 (offset 3 lines).
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 773 (offset 4 lines).
    patching file drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_atombios.c
    patching file drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_pm.c
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 418 (offset 43 lines).
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 478.
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 536 with fuzz 2 (offset 47 lines).
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 588 (offset 39 lines).
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_pm.c.rej
    patching file drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/rv770.c
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 42 with fuzz 1.
    patching file drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/rv770d.h

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    You need this patch for systems that use the internal thermal sensor (most rv6xx+ boards):

It's scheduled for inclusion in 2.6.36.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    I *think* the 2400 temp sensor is on-chip accessed via registers, vs external chips accessed via I2C on earlier GPUs, so an I2C bus scan wouldn't find it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X