No announcement yet.

Catalyst 10.1 seems to be out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to downgrade your X.Org to version 7.4. It's been mentioned a dozens of times already that there's no X.Org 7.5 support :P

Comment

anyone got this driver to work with Gentoo and/or 2.6.33-rc* ?

like posted in the news-thread i'm getting following error message:

/usr/src/linux-2.6.33-rc5-zen1_bfs/arch/x86/Makefile:82: stack protector enabled but no compiler support
      CC [M] /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1/work/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.o
      CC [M] /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1/work/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/kcl_acpi.o
      In file included from /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1/work/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:449:
      /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1/work/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/drm_proc.h: In function ?FGLDRM__vma_info?:
      /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1/work/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/drm_proc.h:497: warning: format ?%08lx? expects type ?long unsigned int?, but argument 5 has type ?phys_addr_t?
      /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1/work/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c: In function ?KCL_SetPageCache_Array?:
      /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1/work/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:1322: warning: passing argument 1 of ?KCL_ConvertPageToKernelAddress? makes pointer from integer without a cast
      /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1/work/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.h:337: note: expected ?void *? but argument is of type ?long unsigned int?
      /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1/work/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c: In function ?__ke__cmpxchg?:
      /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1/work/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:1479: error: variable or field ?__ret? declared void
      /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1/work/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:1479: error: variable or field ?__old? declared void
      /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1/work/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:1479: error: variable or field ?__new? declared void

/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1/work/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c: In function ?KCL_MapPageToPfn?:
      /var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1/work/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:1621: warning: unused variable ?bus_addr?
      make[2]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1/work/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.o] Error 1
      make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
      make[1]: *** [_module_/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1/work/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x] Error 2
      make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.33-rc5-zen1_bfs'
      make: *** [kmod_build] Error 2
      * ERROR: x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1 failed:
      * Unable to emake HOSTCC=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc CROSS_COMPILE=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu- LDFLAGS= GCC_VER_MAJ=4 KVER=2.6.33-rc5-zen1 KDIR=/usr/src/linux kmod_build
      * Call stack:
      * ebuild.sh, line 48: Called src_compile
      * environment, line 8045: Called linux-mod_src_compile
      * environment, line 7201: Called die
      * The specific snippet of code:
      * eval "emake HOSTCC=\"$(tc-getBUILD_CC)\" CROSS_COMPILE=${CHOST}- LDFLAGS=\"$(get_abi_LDFLAGS)\" ${BUILD_FIXES} ${BUILD_PARAMS} ${BUILD_TARGETS} " || die "Unable to emake HOSTCC="$(tc-getBUILD_CC)" CROSS_COMPILE=${CHOST}- LDFLAGS="$(get_abi_LDFLAGS)" ${BUILD_FIXES} ${BUILD_PARAMS} ${BUILD_TARGETS}";
      * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1',
      * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =x11-drivers/ati-drivers-10.1'.

Comment

not the problem...

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        You need to downgrade your X.Org to version 7.4. It's been mentioned a dozens of times already that there's no X.Org 7.5 support :P
        Debian Testing is currently using X.Org 7.4. 7.5 is in Unstable.

Comment

Why does

show then 1.7.4? Xorg 7.5+ contains Xserver 1.7. For Xorg 7.4 it would be something with Xserver 1.5/1.6.

Comment

I think people mistake X.Org 7.4 for X.Org server 1.7.4. They see the "7.4" in "1.7.4" and think it's X.Org 7.4. It's not. "xserver-xorg-core 2:1.7.4-2" is part of X.Org release 7.5, *not* 7.4.

Isn't the "dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so: undefined symbol: UpdateSpriteForScreen" when you try to load fglrx on X.Org 7.5?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              I think people mistake X.Org 7.4 for X.Org server 1.7.4. They see the "7.4" in "1.7.4" and think it's X.Org 7.4. It's not. "xserver-xorg-core 2:1.7.4-2" is part of X.Org release 7.5, *not* 7.4.
              Yeah, they do make it kind of confusing with these version numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                @nbi1

Where do you see 1.6.5 here?

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/xserver-xorg-core
                My point exactly, 1.6.5 is part of an older X release not the 7.5 which is not supported. I haven't double checked but are you claiming that 1.6.5 is not in any of the X releases listed in the ATI Release Notes?

Comment

Originally posted by nbi1 View Post
                  My point exactly, 1.6.5 is part of an older X release not the 7.5 which is not supported. I haven't double checked but are you claiming that 1.6.5 is not in any of the X releases listed in the ATI Release Notes?
                  Hmm, maybe not. I just found:

which seems to indicate 1.6.5 is pretty new. And newer than 7.4's xorg-server 1.5.1. So it seems to lie between 7.4 (explicitly supported) and 7.5 (explicitly not supported). Strictly by the letter our man Kano seems to be right.

But as I pointed out previously Karmic is explicitly supported *AND* 1.6.5 works perfectly fine under Karmic. So why would Squueeze not be suported? Isn't it just a matter of getting the packaging scripts right?

Comment

No U lucid, D squeeze, Fedora (since > 5 month) is waiting for Xorg 7.5+ support. It broke with Xserver 1.7. Nv binary for current cards basically always worked. Maybe U lucid release date will wake up ATI's deep sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
                      anyone got this driver to work with Gentoo and/or 2.6.33-rc* ?

like posted in the news-thread i'm getting following error message:
                      update:

solved it by adding a rejected / not cleanly applying line from the patch for 2.6.31 / 2.6.32 for 9.11 / 9.12

so 10.1 also works with 2.6.33-rc* kernels !

Comment

Working...
                      X