No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 9.12 Hotfix released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nvidia has more money then you or i or serious sam will ever see in a lifetime. Looks like someone forgot to take their pills this morning.

Comment

• im not even going to bother reading what u said. because 9 chances out of 10 says its totally irrelevant.

I said nvidia has money and u run off the cliff with it. Lets be clear: This is the year 2010, and nvidia is still here. I can go to the store and buy a nvidia gfx card. I can go buy an ion netbook. Therefore you saying "nvidia is bankrupt in 2010" is a load of flametard bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
        nvidia=3dfx

because nvidia is bankrupt in 2010!

RIP ...
        Code:
        s/nvidia=/nvidia acquired /
        s/is /isn't /
        s/RIP.*//
        fixed - keep them coming!!
        Last edited by damentz; 13 January 2010, 01:47 AM. Reason: more domestic

Comment

• Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
          im not even going to bother reading what u said. because 9 chances out of 10 says its totally irrelevant.

I said nvidia has money and u run off the cliff with it. Lets be clear: This is the year 2010, and nvidia is still here. I can go to the store and buy a nvidia gfx card. I can go buy an ion netbook. Therefore you saying "nvidia is bankrupt in 2010" is a load of flametard bullshit.
          Don't worry about it, he's just mocking his "favorite" graphics company by churning out millions of baseless theories and seeing what happens. I honestly think he's actually trying to make AMD look bad. Not only that, but by just making up stuff he's changing the perception of the entire AMD/ATI community to look very pathetic without any of their fans' participation. It's both epic and sad since everyone understands that except him.

Many forums would have banned him by now - I don't know how long it will take him over here. I'm betting $10 he won't be using his current online handle in 1 month on Phoronix.
          Last edited by damentz; 13 January 2010, 01:49 AM.

Comment

• He didn't break any forum rules, so he can't be banned, you fascists.

Comment

• I for one hope that fermi is competitive to AMD's offerings for no other reason than to keep competition going. Being said of course, I think fermi is going after a slightly different crowd, so I guess we'll all see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
                nvidia loses on all other stuff tesslation,ray-tracing,physics,shader-effects,game openCL speedups,opensource drivers,price and power-consuming and idle consuming.
                Where are the facts to prove that? Especially the OpenCL, power-consuming and idle consuming parts...

Originally posted by mirv View Post
                I for one hope that fermi is competitive to AMD's offerings for no other reason than to keep competition going. Being said of course, I think fermi is going after a slightly different crowd, so I guess we'll all see what happens.
                I think Q is right on one thing: NVIDIA can no longer live exclusively from desktop graphics cards, considering the fact that more and more people are only using AMD or Intel IGPs nowadays. So I believe the future for NVIDIA is Tegra2 and high-end cards for GPGPU. However, I don't worry, they are smart and will find the correct solutions, as usual.

Comment

• although there are some early indications that fermi will be a bit power hungry, everything is pure speculation until some proper benchmarks with the board are released (and even then, give the drivers some time to mature for it).

Comment

• I came here to see if I had a reason to try replacing my current radeon driver with fglrx but all I got was the forum troll ranting about NVidia going bankrupt.

Comment

• Originally posted by that guy View Post
                      I came here to see if I had a reason to try replacing my current radeon driver with fglrx but all I got was the forum troll ranting about NVidia going bankrupt.
                      that would depend - if you're not having any problems with the radeon driver, don't replace it. If you have an "older" card not supported by fglrx, you can't replace it.
                      What card are you using, kernel, etc etc etc?

Comment

Working...
                      X