No announcement yet.

AMD R600/700 DRM Interrupts Support Pushed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last thing missing for 1.5 was occlusion queries which should work in both KMS and UMS. 1.5 works on UMS, but it won't support the extensions that require a memory manager (framebuffer objects, pbuffers, etc.). These extensions aren't required for 1.5 however.

As for KMS, we plan to bring it out of staging in 2.6.33.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      As for KMS, we plan to bring it out of staging in 2.6.33.
      So a 3 months time. That's pretty good.

How is the feeling in the kernel developer circle about a kernel panic screen that KMS could allow?

Is it a touchy subject, that end in flame wars, or is there a universal agreement across the board how it should be?

Comment

Being able to see kernel oopses was one of the reasons behind doing kms.

Comment

Now that there are several kms drivers out there, is it hard so implement a "bluescreen of death" in a linux version?
          And how far is actually the audio over HDMI in the IP-review?

thanks

Comment

Being able to see kernel oopses was one of the reasons behind doing kms.
            I see. Have it been given a name or does there exist mock ups of how it would look like?

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
              And how far is actually the audio over HDMI in the IP-review?
              The Novell implementation says they have R700 support done.

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
                I see. Have it been given a name or does there exist mock ups of how it would look like?
                It's already supported. It just switches back to the console where the oops is printed.

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
                  The Novell implementation says they have R700 support done.

http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonhd%3Afeature
                  I think I read somewhere that it was reverse engineered...

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    Yeah, I see that on my UMS system as well. It's on my list of "things to check with Alex" but my first impression is the driver reports the same GL level on UMS and KMS even though more features are available with KMS (and those features are required for GL 1.5).

I suspect if we look closely at extensions vs GL level on UMS we'll find some extensions missing.
                    The real point to my post was that I'm just frustrated that what'd I'd consider such a basic piece of functionality (sync-to-vblank) is unavailable without KMS on r6xx/r7xx, and likely to remain that way. Personally, I'd prefer that such a feature wasn't dependent on technology that just isn't consistently available to me at the moment :-)

Adam

Comment

It's already supported. It just switches back to the console where the oops is printed.
                      Thanks for clearing that out

Comment

Working...
                      X