AMD's UVD2-based XvBA Finally Does Something On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
    Can you test xvba-video 0.7.7.pre2. If it works, I will make it final and switch to 0.8.x-series for probably OVDECODE_API.
    Interesting

if you Just Happen to also add the ability to pass these decoded OVD_NV12_INTERLEAVED_AMD = 1, // NV12 Linear Interleaved frames to a pipe or whatever for feeding directly to x264/FFmpeg etc as a quick generic Test option , that would be a 'VERY GOOD Thing' in the long term too Perhaps

Comment

• Are you already enjoying it? :P You never really shut your mouth, do you? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post
        Are you already enjoying it? :P You never really shut your mouth, do you? LOL
        Q, that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
          "Q, that is. "

i really shoult shot myself in the heat for not shut up my mouth,,,
          You really need to quit spoiling the surprises for everyone :P

Comment

• Yes, it is... We're out of luck

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
            So UVD1 cards are fucked for vaapi? I've been trying to get vaapi working with my hd2600 with mplayer-vaapi and vlc and ended up with the same libraries as you but unfortunately my output is always totally garbled.
            Yes it is...

This problem is also happening on Windows 7... I don't know what happened to recent ATI drivers, but this card in the decoded H264 and VC-1 videos properly on Windows Vista / Windows 7 before. Now, it doesn't (in both Windows and linux Catalyst drivers...).
            With relative recent versions of xvba-video and Catalyst Linux 10.x (between Catalyst 10.4 and Catalyst 10.7), we could decode videos properly with a UVD1 card. Now (with catalyst 10.8-10.12), nothing.

Cheers

p.s.: Btw, UVD2 cards (HD4xxx and higher) seem to work properly with recent Catalysts... (Tested on my desktop's HD4650, with Catalyst 10.12)

Comment

• Originally posted by evolution View Post
              Yes it is...

This problem is also happening on Windows 7... I don't know what happened to recent ATI drivers, but this card in the decoded H264 and VC-1 videos properly on Windows Vista / Windows 7 before. Now, it doesn't (in both Windows and linux Catalyst drivers...).
              With relative recent versions of xvba-video and Catalyst Linux 10.x (between Catalyst 10.4 and Catalyst 10.7), we could decode videos properly with a UVD1 card. Now (with catalyst 10.8-10.12), nothing.

Cheers

p.s.: Btw, UVD2 cards (HD4xxx and higher) seem to work properly with recent Catalysts... (Tested on my desktop's HD4650, with Catalyst 10.12)
              Yeah I was just reading on another forum in a thread about the windows driver that a lot of people were getting green garbled playback flash videos like I got with vaapi in linux.

Comment

• Starting from (xvba-video_0.7.7.pre1-1_i386), ASS Karaoke effects used in conjunction with plain ASS subtitles, cause the plain ASS subtitles to flicker like crazy. This is on a HD4830, Ubuntu 10.10, Catalyst 10.11, & mplayer-vaapi-20100713.

The subtitle flickering is not present using (xvba-video_0.7.6-1_i386).

Comment

• Originally posted by Green View Post
                  Starting from (xvba-video_0.7.7.pre1-1_i386), ASS Karaoke effects used in conjunction with plain ASS subtitles, cause the plain ASS subtitles to flicker like crazy. This is on a HD4830, Ubuntu 10.10, Catalyst 10.11, & mplayer-vaapi-20100713.

The subtitle flickering is not present using (xvba-video_0.7.6-1_i386).
                  I released 0.7.7 normally without your flickering problem. That one could have been caused by a combination of obsolete driver or other bugs. XVBA_VIDEO_PUTSURFACE_FAST=0 to disable the feature in 0.7.7.pre. This is the default for final 0.7.7.

Comment

• Does the new sdk work better and allows opensource implementation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      Does the new sdk work better and allows opensource implementation?
                      XvBA has public libraries and private headers. OpenVideo has public headers and private (or inexistent) libraries for Linux. Ever seen something right at ATI?

Comment

Working...
                      X