Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magrinho
    replied
    Hi, a month ago i had the same problem but with Kano's code it work, but now i update to ubuntu 10.4 and i can't turn on the "Meny->System->Preferences->"Appearence"" (portuguese ubuntu don't know the english word), so i wnet to hardware and drivers menu and it said to Activate the driver FGLRX ATI/AMD but i got this whindow:

SystemError: installArchives() failed

ALSO in update manager i have an update "fglrx(new instalation)" and when i try to install i got this error: (I will try to translate the best i can)
    first i got this window:
    "you have 1 broken package in your system ! use the filter "broken" to trace then."
    i close the window and then it star to install but pop other window:
    "Error details

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/fglrx_2%3a8.723.1-0ubuntu3_i386.deb: subprocesso novo script pre-installation retornou erro do status de sa?da 1
    "
    i close the window and other pop

" update is not completed (...)

i couldn't copy the text soo i print screen it
    "

i hope you can understand sorry my english,
    waiting for help
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• dfresh4130
    replied
    This works on Linux Mint 8 64 bit too. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• hewittbm
    replied
    watermark fix

this fix works for Mandriva linux 2010.- as well. thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• BillBroadley
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    DRIVER=/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so
    for x in $(objdump -d $DRIVER|awk '/call/&&/EnableLogo/{print "\\x"$2"\\x"$3"\\x"$4"\\x"$5"\\x"$6}'); do
     sed -i "s/$x/\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90/g" $DRIVER
    done
    Have fun
    Wow, gross. I thought 9.10 was supposed to add 5750 and 5770 support. In any case many thanks. I have ubuntu 9.10 (catalyst and ubuntu) with a 5770 and that fixed the problem. The card seems okay so far. Seems kinda silly to have to binary hack the driver, but otherwise video playback, compiz, and related works. I'm having some cursor problems on my dual head when I get near certain areas of the screen the cursor disappears.

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    DRIVER=/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so
    for x in $(objdump -d $DRIVER|awk '/call/&&/EnableLogo/{print "\\x"$2"\\x"$3"\\x"$4"\\x"$5"\\x"$6}'); do
     sed -i "s/$x/\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90/g" $DRIVER
    done
    Have fun

Leave a comment:

• dmbtech
    started a topic Unsupported Hardware watermark

Unsupported Hardware watermark

Hello, I have an xfx Radeon HD 5770 card, and I know its not fully supported by the latest fglrx yet, but modesetting and 3d works to a degree. Is there a way to get rid of the AMD Unsupported Hardware watermark, as I know its not fully supported?
Working...
X