No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 9.8 Delivers New Kernel Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interestingly enough, in the thread on asking nvidia devs questions, half of it is "why are your drivers so shit?".
    People just love to whinge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
      wait for R900 hardware with full spec on the viedeo part..
      Will you buy one and send it to me?

Comment

catalyst 9-8 has broken openGL extansions effektet in wine.

9.9 catalyst fix the shame!
        I hate to say this Quaridarium, but have you ever thought of using an English dicitonary? It's perfect, NOT "perfekt", extensions, NOT "extansions", etc. and no freaking idea what you mean by "effektet". i.e. you're making the World of Gothic English forums look good...

I'm still awaiting a decent catalyst since 9.2 here... and I've found that Windows support while MUCH better isn;t all that hot either...
        Last edited by cutterjohn; 02 September 2009, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• BTW I noticed that Vsync now works buy enabling it ingame and not force it on in CCC like you had to do before! Perhaps it was fixed in an earlier release but this is new for me at least!

Comment

"effektet" you can see the effect of the bug in wine.
            You should definitely keep the bugs out of your wine. And we understand. Too much wine or beer can have interesting efekt.

You, of course, speak (type) much better English than most of us do German. Now is time for us to practice. I want a grosses bier. You can see I have much more practicing to do.

Comment

• Smile 9.9 catalyst fix the shame!

Hi all,

I've been busy offline....

@ CNCFarraday, re ""propa vid supports" exactly?"

Here is some linkage, to an local article by Michael.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That is what I and some few others have been waiting for. Now, I do recall, someplace hereabout Bridgeman (correct me if I'm wrong! :-) ), saything something like ATI would not fully support XvBA, cause of the way the hardware was done and its tie into a bain of the civilized world, Digital Rights Management or DRM.

Hence, it is my hope, the new chippes, are cooked right.

@ Qaridarium; who said "full opensource and spec support for the UVD3 unit will come on the R900 series VGAs!" Well my German friend, I surely hope so! :-)

Waits for the party to begin: http://www.amdzone.com/index.php/new...-win-something

*BFN*

GreekGeek :-)
              (On ATI since 2002/9000Pro)

Comment

• Originally posted by forum1793 View Post
                You should definitely keep the bugs out of your wine. And we understand. Too much wine or beer can have interesting efekt.

You, of course, speak (type) much better English than most of us do German. Now is time for us to practice. I want a grosses bier. You can see I have much more practicing to do.
                I though you learned english in school, like we do in Denmark?

Comment

• Originally posted by tball View Post
                  I though you learned english in school, like we do in Denmark?
                  and the stuff you learn in school helps you as much as nothing.

I learnt more in 1year internet+films unsubbed than in 7 years in school.

Comment

• Originally posted by energyman View Post
                    and the stuff you learn in school helps you as much as nothing.

I learnt more in 1year internet+films unsubbed than in 7 years in school.
                    Hahahah yeah too right! xD
                    "Do you like meatballs?" is about as far as Enlgish lessens go (even on havo which stands for higher general continued (highschool) education). I had to learn everything for movies and computers.
                    Still not perfect though, but I'm getting there

Comment

• Quaridarium, you should stop giving lessons. Your german is worse than your english.

Protip: spell check. Enable it.

Comment

Working...
                      X