No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 9.8 Delivers New Kernel Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no Vincent, not anymore. Smart buying and you get more for 1000€ then for 1000$

Comment

• Originally posted by energyman View Post
      no Vincent, not anymore. Smart buying and you get more for 1000? then for 1000$
      Ow no; companies usually do $1=?1 with pricing =x

Comment

• not anymore. Dollar is too weak

Comment

• the phenom 2 965 costs 230$ - or 200€ for example

Comment

• 999 USD without VAT = 999 EUR wit VAT

Thats the normal exchange price

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
              hey its only because the catalyst is perfekt no bug or error to report also lets talk abaut money or sex or somthing like that
              Not really true. All the problems with video are gone on my HD3450 R6xx. BUT this is the most buggy version of this driver I have ever used. Texture corruption on several games. Especially with Wine. I was about to send a bug to Wine, but I tried rolling back Wine versions to find out that the problem wasn't really with the Wine update. I find corruption on Flatout2 and Trackmania Nations under Wine and one native app, but I don't remember which one right now. Lots of games installed here. xP

Edit: Almost forgot, Ubuntu 9.04 x86_64, Linux 2.6.28-15, X 1.6.0. Supposed to be supported, I think.
              Last edited by jntesteves; 02 September 2009, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• 9.9 catalyst fix the shame!

Hi all,

I hope it finally gives a boost to video-playback too!

I finally sold my 4870. If the 5870 does not have propa vid supports, like the nVida series, I will purchase a GTX-275.

ATI hardware is grand indeed, but the spend on drivers isn't; not that this has not been covered before.... ;-)

GreekGeek

Comment

• Originally posted by ObiWan View Post
                  999 USD without VAT = 999 EUR wit VAT

Thats the normal exchange price
                  You know Europe is a continent not a country, right? The VAT in EU countries varies wildly from 16% to 36%...

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
                    Hi all,
                    I hope it finally gives a boost to video-playback too!

I finally sold my 4870. If the 5870 does not have propa vid supports, like the nVida series, I will purchase a GTX-275.

ATI hardware is grand indeed, but the spend on drivers isn't; not that this has not been covered before.... ;-)
                    What is "propa vid supports" exactly? I can see 1080p x264/DTS MKVs on a 2.5GHz Athlon X2 with 4GB ram and an integrated Radeon 3200 (latest fglrx blob) on Debian AMD64 kernel .26 / VLC 1.0.1 ... Oh, an I also tried it on SuSe 11 AMD64, same VLC, same hardware and it works...

Comment

• Don't buy it if you like problems

Comment

Working...
                      X