AMD Updates More Radeon GPU Firmware To Fix VP9 Video Decode Glitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panix View Post
    That's the only conclusion an AMD fanboy would make - nvidia is a horrible company but their closed driver actually supports the tasks in video editing etc. and other productivity programs - too bad AMD is concentrating on only gaming, eh?
    Whatever, troll. The people who do care and do partake in the industry will acknowledge the benchmark I linked before rather than the ramblings of some nobody who posts on deleted articles and then about the wrong product category no less.

Comment

Originally posted by tenchrio View Post

Whatever, troll. The people who do care and do partake in the industry will acknowledge the benchmark I linked before rather than the ramblings of some nobody who posts on deleted articles and then about the wrong product category no less.
      Blah, blah, blah.... ppl who 'partake in the industry....' - how ironic you mention this...the ppl who choose and recommend Nvidia gpus because the AMD gpus don't function well enough or their software crashes or is slow - if it even works. Nice one.

Comment

Blah, blah, blah.... ppl who 'partake in the industry....' - how ironic you mention this...the ppl who choose and recommend Nvidia gpus because the AMD gpus don't function well enough or their software crashes or is slow - if it even works. Nice one.
        Blah, blah, blah 0 sources as usual and once again completely disregarding the benchmark I linked, lmao do you really need other people to tell you how to think?
        Seems you only care about opinions that already align with your preconceived notions, hope you don't have a Facebook account.
        Also argument from authority (not even saying who LMAO), nice attempt on a logical fallacy, just shows more how much of a troll you are (also are the ppl in the room with us?). Great way of admitting you don't partake in the industry btw, I am well aware you never edited a video or rendered a scene, nice one.

Is the picture too hard to read? Are the numbers too high to comprehend?
        Maybe you need another Benchmark with the RX 7900XTX on top, or another, heck I would link more but most sites just refer to the Pugetsystems benchmark linked before.
        Oh who am I kidding, we both know you are nothing more than a troll. You didn't do research, you just spout nonsense on every AMD thread about art forms you don't even participate in, most people have impostor syndrome, you straight up are one.

Comment

Originally posted by tenchrio View Post

Blah, blah, blah 0 sources as usual and once again completely disregarding the benchmark I linked, lmao do you really need other people to tell you how to think?
          Seems you only care about opinions that already align with your preconceived notions, hope you don't have a Facebook account.
          Also argument from authority (not even saying who LMAO), nice attempt on a logical fallacy, just shows more how much of a troll you are (also are the ppl in the room with us?). Great way of admitting you don't partake in the industry btw, I am well aware you never edited a video or rendered a scene, nice one.

Is the picture too hard to read? Are the numbers too high to comprehend?
          Maybe you need another Benchmark with the RX 7900XTX on top, or another, heck I would link more but most sites just refer to the Pugetsystems benchmark linked before.
          Oh who am I kidding, we both know you are nothing more than a troll. You didn't do research, you just spout nonsense on every AMD thread about art forms you don't even participate in, most people have impostor syndrome, you straight up are one.
          You're the one who's a troll - always discounting the fact that both video industry and Compute industry continue to use Nvidia gpus over AMD - and your link? Who cares? You're biased and push a lot of bs.... Blah, blah, blah.... you sound like a broken record now.

Not sure how Techgage got those results but in most of the sources I come across - the 7900 xtx has a better overall score but not by much - then there's a ton of programs AMD has no support in.

Looking to build a PC for Adobe Premiere Pro? What is the best GPU to get? Here's the answers!AD: Get 2 Months for FREE when signing up for Artlist: https://...

See the part at 10:44 - about the comparisons between encoders and decoders. Yeah, you also picked Premiere Pro although I'll be using DR - but, that's fine - Nvidia is preferred there, too, it appears - although it's one 'exception' in which the 7900 xtx *might* be worth using.

Edit #2 - also, to insult my 'claims of research' when you only present a screenshot. Tsk, tsk.

I know it's reddit but there's some informative comments there - and the point is, there's a pattern there of what is reported....which is what my point was, before.
          Last edited by Panix; 15 April 2024, 11:53 AM.

Comment

You're the one who's a troll - always discounting the fact that both video industry and Compute industry continue to use Nvidia gpus over AMD - and your link? Who cares? You're biased and push a lot of bs.... Blah, blah, blah.... you sound like a broken record now.
            I sound like a broke record? Have you seen your post history XD

Not sure how Techgage got those results but in most of the sources I come across - the 7900 xtx has a better overall score but not by much - then there's a ton of programs AMD has no support in.
            I would say fair enough except you know, it doesn't matter if you don't use said programs. Which is funny as you couldn't even list 1.
            Also you realize that is a currently sub $999 GPU beating a $1500+ GPU, even if not by much that is still remarkable price/performance (doesn't necessarily carry over everywhere and I standby that an RTX 4090 is still the best you can get this generation, but for those on a "budget" the 7900XTX can be a good buy) .

Looking to build a PC for Adobe Premiere Pro? What is the best GPU to get? Here's the answers!AD: Get 2 Months for FREE when signing up for Artlist: https://...

See the part at 10:44 - about the comparisons between encoders and decoders.
            Again such a troll response, that part refers to another video (found here, nice research and how did you mess up linking a video with a timestamp to not go to the part you are talking about but instead the part showing the RX 7900XTX and 7900XT are performing above the 4080 Super XD) about encoding during streaming (didn't you say you weren't a gamer?).

It is also specifically about the H264 codec which isn't even top dog anymore in the streaming world, that would be AV1.
            Speaking of AV1 it is also what Google and Netflix are using to replace the VP9 codec (what this article was originally about, talk about full circle).
            In the case of the AV1 encoders, Intel tends to win most benchmarks of those streamer benchmarks (unsurprisingly as QSV is a major reason why people invest in Intel CPUs for a NAS offering Plex) but AMD and Nvidia have decent performance, again for streaming.... the thing you don't do since you hate gaming so much.

Yeah, you also picked Premiere Pro although I'll be using DR - but, that's fine - Nvidia is preferred there, too, it appears - although it's one 'exception' in which the 7900 xtx *might* be worth using.
            Still trolling? Here isthe overall score of the DR benchmark from Pugetsystems, the recent super benchmarks no less. Seems like the 7900XTX also performs best. Let's see if you can admit that.

Edit #2 - also, to insult my 'claims of research' when you only present a screenshot. Tsk, tsk.

I know it's reddit but there's some informative comments there - and the point is, there's a pattern there of what is reported....which is what my point was, before.
            Yeah, it is reddit. Not exactly known to be the bastion of well informed opinions, might as well go to Twitter.

And none of those really give a compelling argument and only 2 really say "Use nvidia " for 3D rendering and I have exhausted my patience explaining 3D render engines to you and how each tends to work differently. One mentions that AMD doesn't work with Redshift, which it has for almost a year now (so they were wrong 8 months ago, shocker). Most of those people don't also seem to post to any 3D rendering subreddit, yet without any links, evidence whatsoever you trust them completely? Most aren't even sure if the GPU is used in the programs mentioned, and you think this is research?! HAHAAHAHAHAAHA

Those aren't "informative" posts, it is just more evidence you are a biased Nvidia troll.

Comment

Working...
            X