Mesa RADV Driver Baking Improvements For VKD3D-Proton With AMD FSR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nocifer View Post

What I'm saying is that Valve's devs shouldn't be needing to "find out" stuff about how the hardware that powers their company's flagship product is supposed to be working, rather they should have easy and immediate access to that kind of information directly from the hardware's manufacturing company, i.e. AMD in this case.

I mean, do Sony rely on reverse engineering the AMD GPU powering the PS5 in order to optimize their software for it? I don't think so - they probably know the ins and outs better than AMD itself at this point.
    There was no reverse engineering done here. The hardware instruction was well understood and documented. I think you've misunderstood what this was about.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocifer View Post
      Do you really think that Sony don't have direct access to hardware schematics and driver code for the piece of AMD hardware powering the PS5? Really now? Apparently, it isn't me who has no idea how these things are done.
      Do you really think that Valve doesn't have direct access to (open source) driver code it developed itself for a piece of AMD hardware powering the Steam Deck?

I'm not really sure what you're trying to argue here.

And what do hardware schematics have to do with this?

At this point I'm pretty sure you're not a developer, or have never done any low level development or optimisation. Take it from someone who has, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Comment

Working...
      X