No announcement yet.

AMD Posts Linux Driver Patches For New VPE & UMSCH Components With Future GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Posts Linux Driver Patches For New VPE & UMSCH Components With Future GPUs

Phoronix: AMD Posts LInux Driver Patches For New VPE & UMSCH Components With Future GPUs

Following AMD recently posting Linux graphics driver patches for enabling a GFX 11.5 graphics engine and new DCN 3.5 display block that are presumably for an RDNA3 refresh such as for the Ryzen 8000 series APUs, today AMD posted additional open-source driver patch series for enabling additional new IP...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A copy engine...
    Even faster 2D acceleration I presume?

Oh and of course. Another VCN iteration and still no 4:4:4.

Comment

Focus on video/multimedia? That would be great to see for once, but I remain skeptical. This has never been a focus for AMD.

Comment

Fast 90/270 degree rotations without having to think about modifiers would be great to see. I wonder if the VPE will also be used by the display controller (and KMS will be able to rotate buffers when putting them on overlay planes) or if this is needs to happen on the client side?

Comment

Working...
        X