AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 3 "FSR 3" Will Be Open-Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

No. "AI" has become a marketing term. It has lost all meaning because of that since it's being applied where it's not appropriate (like here) to sell people on the company's marketability to investors. You can spout all the buzzwords you want, but the fact remains that there's nothing magically intelligent going on here that aren't customization and refinements of previous enhancement techniques that may or may not have a hardware acceleration customization being applied. Intelligence implies the ability to intuitively adapt to changing conditions without massive amounts of training. There's not a thing on the market labeled "AI" that actually meets that criteria. What's going on here is basically just beating the subject with a club over and over again till the polymorphic program changes its parameters sufficiently to be half way usable. That's not intelligence. It's just a pattern matching algorithm that's not quite as arthritic as in the past.
    Maybe "Ai" should mean Algorithmic Implementation or something.

Comment

Originally posted by grigi View Post
      I mostly see the value of the interpolation on mobile games to be honest.
      Also VR titles or stand alone headsets.

However we have yet to find out what GPU generation this will work with and I suspect we won't get the full 2x performance without RDNA3.

Another technology I'd like to see adopted more which is more of a developer side of thing is motion-re-projection I think it's called.

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBeOCer View Post

The AI can modify/creates new algorithms in response to learned inputs and data as opposed to relying solely on explicit programming. I linked a video earlier in regards to reinforcement learning.
        No.
        'AI' cannot create or modify the algorithm that the human has encoded -- there is no consciousness (thus no intelligence)
        Before you make a complete fool of yourself I would suggest you read a few books -- or at least some soundly regarded material -- on the topic of reinforcement learning, e.g.:

for some general introductions:

Comment

There is no other GPU option for Linux as complete as AMD right now. All of their driver software is open source, Wayland works best on AMD, and almost all games work with Mesa and Steam (Wine). I tried using my old GTX 1080 TI for a long time before switching to RX 6800 XT. All driver problems disappeared by that transition. And this strong position is obvious from PlayStation, Xbox, Steamdeck; all use of AMD graphics. Running the same game on Steam in Windows or Linux does not make any difference more than 1 FPS currently. Hope Intel will be there soon as well. Nvidia obviously does not care about Linux which is okay.

I'm always on the latest stable Linux kernel and Mesa to have the latest drivers. There are sometimes problems but when I update the drivers on Windows too. I can say that Linux has less problems with AMD drivers.

Comment

Working...
          X