Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RADV Graphics Pipeline Library Support Becoming Speedy, Aims For Mesa 23.1 Promotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ripper81 View Post
    Tried it with some DX12 games (Proton VK3D) and native Vulkangames. The only game that behaved different was Tiny Tinas Wonderland. The gameloadingtime is increased. The first run also gave me massive stuttering even in the mainmenu. That effect went away after 15 minutes now the game runs like it did before. I am not sure if "gpl" is even doing anything with the other titles i have tested.
    That's expected because DX12 games on vkd3d-proton don't make use of GPL and the only native vulkan game that does is Dota 2. So the only thing you do by enabling the experimental GPL support currently is to disable the shader disk cache.

Comment

Originally posted by mbriar View Post

That's expected because DX12 games on vkd3d-proton don't make use of GPL and the only native vulkan game that does is Dota 2. So the only thing you do by enabling the experimental GPL support currently is to disable the shader disk cache.
      Strangely enough i have no stuttering in the games i tried. It even went away in Tiny Tinas Wonderland after the first run.

Comment

By far the most exciting feature for RADV in a while, it's such a massive difference in many games with DXVK, even in it's experimental state. (Just don't enable it blindly for everything since it still disables the shader disk cache and is a net negative for everything but DXVK and maybe zink atm)
        Have you ever launched an Epic game from a Steam BPM session? AFAIK, you only have two ways to set an environment variable: either enable it blindly for everything like I did by adding it to my global RADV_PERFTEST line or enable it for the Epic Launcher. Either way, setting gpl causes the Epic Launcher to crash.

If you know how to set an environment variable for a Wine process that's started automatically by another Wine process without affecting the original Wine process I'd be very, very interested in hearing it.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Have you ever launched an Epic game from a Steam BPM session? AFAIK, you only have two ways to set an environment variable: either enable it blindly for everything like I did by adding it to my global RADV_PERFTEST line or enable it for the Epic Launcher. Either way, setting gpl causes the Epic Launcher to crash.

If you know how to set an environment variable for a Wine process that's started automatically by another Wine process without affecting the original Wine process I'd be very, very interested in hearing it.
          I don't know, i'd just use legendary to launch individual games and skip the epic launcher: https://github.com/derrod/legendary

Comment

I don't know, i'd just use legendary to launch individual games and skip the epic launcher: https://github.com/derrod/legendary
            I've been thinking about doing something like that. Just set in my ways and all....

Comment

Working...
            X