No announcement yet.

AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX + RX 7900 XT Linux Support & Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I want a 7 series despite owning RX6800XT for half a year.

Comment

My rx 580 is sweating

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post
        Now I want a 7 series despite owning RX6800XT for half a year.
        How much for 6800xt?

Comment

Jokes on nvidia for still not sending you any 4000 series card

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
            Is the maximum desktop size of the RX 7000 cards still 16384x16384 pixels, or has the limit been removed?
            is this soft- or hardware limited? - anyway this are many k resolution - more than most users need in daily live

Comment

Originally posted by BNieuwenhuizen View Post
              Michael It looks like the 1440p Q2RTX results use the 4k fps for AMD cards? (they are the same as the 4k results with denoiser on and ray queries in the later graph)
              Looking into it, thanks. The 1440p results were indeed strange compared to NVIDIA but then was thinking it may have been something with RADV RT, but in which case just leaving the 4K results in there for the moment.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

sold my 6800xt, but might have jumped the gun.

At least Linux benchmarks look better then Windows which has the 7900XTX doing ONLY 10-25% better then 6950XT in many areas (that is VERY bad btw)

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  Compared to Windows, seems RT performance has some room for improvement. Otherwise looks pretty promising, but I too would also like to see it against the RTX 4000 series.
                  We'll see if NVIDIA now decides to send out the RTX 40 series hardware...
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lamka02sk View Post
                    Jokes on nvidia for still not sending you any 4000 series card
                    • According to Steam HW Survey fewer than 1% (minus Steam Deck) of people game under Linux - maybe NVIDIA finally started paying attention to the figures.
                    • NVIDIA is universally hated and mocked here on Phoronix - no cards, less hatred.
                    • Why do you care about NVIDIA results anyways? I've been under the impression that Linux user and NVIDIA do not mesh.
                    Last edited by avis; 12 December 2022, 12:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Definitely disappointing that you had the zen4 issue which obviously took time away from test and also that you haven't been made available any 40 series cards to compare against. Looking at Windows benchmarks can be informative, but because of the different rendering method can skew what would happen on Linux.

Comment

Working...
                      X