No announcement yet.

ATI Overclocking Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My idle speed is 900MHz, because on 4850 and 4870 you can't change memory speed without flickering.

It's the default speed from ATI. The only frequency that changes is the GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas View Post
      My idle speed is 900MHz, because on 4850 and 4870 you can't change memory speed without flickering.
      Confirmed. Thanks.

Even the smallest of increases starts the flickering.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas View Post

It's the default speed from ATI. The only frequency that changes is the GPU.
        Strange not on my 4830, the idle speed is much lower then my peak speed. I guess the flickering I have was not caused by the same thing as you. Mine doesn't happen in speed change. Can you try lowering the speed with aticonfig? I'm not sure if it will give you an error or aticonfig will adjust automatically your idle speed to something lower. I know that with the API you can't set your peak speed lower than your idle, so you have to lower your idle speed first. I guess your goal to avoid flickering would be to have your idle speed = peak speed? Also did you mean if you lower the memory below 900 it will flicker or only when the card speed change in the case where your idle speed is not the same as your peak speed?

Comment

Was someone able to confirm it now works with X2 and multiple gpu cards?

Comment

I put the app on kde apps, updated it to version 1.0.1 since there was some problem with underclocking and series 3xxx cards. I will update the kde app site for future versions, thanks for the help in testing. As a side note, I still didn't publish the source code since I modified the sdk but the adl license doesn't allow for publishing/distributing the source and I didn't know if that constituted a system library exception under GPL, if someone is in the know about those issues please feel free to comment.

Comment

i love it!

could you maybe add a command line control?
              would be incredibly nice to set the card to a very low clock on boot, and just increase the clock for certain applications/games

or is there a tool for that already and i just haven't found it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by spoilerhead View Post
                i love it!

would be incredibly nice to set the card to a very low clock on boot, and just increase the clock for certain applications/games

No not yet, I probably won't add a command line interface but in the future might add a feature to save your settings, so that it can keep them on reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by spoilerhead View Post
                  i love it!

Well turned out it was a quiet day so made a new version with settings that you can restore on application startup, it's on the settings tab. Just add it to start automatically and it should take care of the rest. The new version is on kde app.

Comment

Does this tool support 4870x2?

I am using the x64 version under opensuse 10.3 with dual 4870x2 cards.
                    It always reports "Error getting overdrive performance levels, error:-4 "
                    Does it support 4870x2?

Comment

Originally posted by wgbljl View Post
                      I am using the x64 version under opensuse 10.3 with dual 4870x2 cards.
                      It always reports "Error getting overdrive performance levels, error:-4 "
                      Does it support 4870x2?
                      It should support it, it is a problem on my side. Let me look into that, will post a beta later for you to test and see if it works.

Comment

Working...
                      X