No announcement yet.

RADV Driver Sees Dramatic Improvement To Reduce CPU Overhead For Draw Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such draw. Much win! And he's only had this profiling tool up and running for a short amount of time. Imagine the other stuff he's going to find once he continues in his endeavors and improves his tool. AMDGPU-PRO driver be like...I'll hold your beer.

Comment

I hope the Intel GPU driver developers around here took notice of Mike's tool, Igor's Lab did some great analysis on ARC's drawoverhead on Windows. And I am sure that it's also bad on Linux right now. I am also sure that Mike will want to profile your driver on Zink sooner or later, too.

Comment

He's unstoppable.

Can't wait to see the next Radeon vulkan and vulkan+zink benchmarks.

Comment

Aaaah, modernisation. Finally meme images to illustrate articles. Zoomeria approves.

Comment

What should we do with all those free CPU cycles now?
            Do online PGO for shaders? (Profile while they are running and recompile on CPU + replace)
            Does RDNA2/3 chips have hardware performance counter registers which could be used for something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by ridge View Post
              Every morning, I wake up and walk up to my nearest mirror and repeat after my reflection three times, "The flavour (of winning), the atmosphere (of being a winner), the experience (of being #1)"
              Probably the best laugh I got today.

Comment

So, when will we get new gaming benchmarks with these patches on Phoronix?

Comment

Originally posted by commodore256 View Post
                  So, is running OpenGL through Vulkan now faster than the direct OpenGL drivers?
                  I don't think that'll be a thing. It'll run as good and maybe in some tests, but on average it'll still be better on OpenGL to run OpenGL.

Comment

That was some fantastic writing Mike Blumenkrantz!
                    Are you sure you're not a successful writer under a pen name?

Comment

Originally posted by ridge View Post
                      Every morning, I wake up and walk up to my nearest mirror and repeat after my reflection three times, "The flavour (of winning), the atmosphere (of being a winner), the experience (of being #1)"
                      Hat off for turning this into proper English.

Comment

Working...
                      X