Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewritten R600g NIR Backend Merged For Mesa 22.2 - Improves Radeon HD 5000/6000 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gerddie thanks for pushing my 7670m (Thames, though mesa recognises it as Turks) up to OpenGL 4.5! Max compat profile is still limited to 3.1. Trying out the previous NIR backend, on this laptop, would fail even on `glxinfo`.
    Does NIR make supporting OpenGL ES 3.2 (GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced) or remaining 4.6 extensions easier/possible?

Comment

Originally posted by ozeszty View Post
      gerddie thanks for pushing my 7670m (Thames, though mesa recognises it as Turks) up to OpenGL 4.5! Max compat profile is still limited to 3.1. Trying out the previous NIR backend, on this laptop, would fail even on `glxinfo`.
      Does NIR make supporting OpenGL ES 3.2 (GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced) or remaining 4.6 extensions easier/possible?
      GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced is more then just shader stuff, it needs correct setup of the resources, and I haven't looked into this at all. Regarding compat profiles, I'm currently looking into this. I'm not sure yet, but it may be that correct handling of gl_ClipVertex is the only thing that's missing (it was with virgl).

Comment

gerddie - any plan to eventually remove SB, or is that doing things beyond the scope of the NIR backend?

Comment

Originally posted by gerddie View Post

GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced is more then just shader stuff, it needs correct setup of the resources, and I haven't looked into this at all. Regarding compat profiles, I'm currently looking into this. I'm not sure yet, but it may be that correct handling of gl_ClipVertex is the only thing that's missing (it was with virgl).
          Thanks, I'll try to do some more testing.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
            gerddie - any plan to eventually remove SB, or is that doing things beyond the scope of the NIR backend?
            It would certainly be a nice-to-have.

Comment

Originally posted by gerddie View Post

OpenGL renderer string: AMD TURKS
              OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 22.2.0-devel
              OpenGL version string: 4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 22.2.0-devel
              OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 22.2.0-devel

Comment

Working...
              X