Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon ROCm 5.0 Released With Some RDNA2 GPU Support

Phoronix: Radeon ROCm 5.0 Released With Some RDNA2 GPU Support

Overnight AMD quietly released ROCm 5.0 for improving the Radeon Open eCosystem. Most exciting with ROCm 5.0 is having some level of Navi 2x / RDNA2 GPU support!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hell yea!

Comment

They removed Polaris support, WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
        They removed Polaris support, WTF?
        AMD announced that official support for Polaris was dropped a few months ago already.
        Still, it does not mean that GPUs do not work at all with ROCm anymore, far from it... you still have support for Terascale cards in the LLVM backend.

Comment

and rdna 1? really?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxzor View Post

AMD announced that official support for Polaris was dropped a few months ago already.
            Still, it does not mean that GPUs do not work at all with ROCm anymore, far from it... you still have support for Terascale cards in the LLVM backend.
            If it still work, then I'm ok with it!

Comment

As always two steps backwards for each step forward
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

I could do OpenCL only with upstream kernel on Ubuntu 22.04 with sudo apt install rocm-opencl

Comment

ROCm on consumer GPUs beyond GFX9 (Vega) seems to be a WIP, that is not a great signal to consumers. I know they are prioritizing their server parts and GFX9 is the technical base there, but still. Consumer care about the support of their GPUs on day one (or when they can get their hands on one of these nowadays) - and not two years after release.

Comment

Does is mean OpenCL will work on Debian with Radeon 6800XT cards, or that's still in dreams territory?

Comment

Working...
                    X