Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kernel 5.12 cannot change memory clock

Hi there,
    I run a mobile Ryzen 2500U APU and my goal is saving energy to get a cooler system. Cooler system means less fan noise.

These are the current values:

Code:
    # cat power_dpm_force_performance_level
    low

# cat power_dpm_state
    performance

# cat pp_dpm_sclk
    0: 200Mhz *
    1: 700Mhz
    2: 1100Mhz

# cat pp_dpm_mclk
    0: 400Mhz
    1: 933Mhz
    2: 1067Mhz
    3: 1200Mhz *

# cat /sys/class/drm/card0/device/pp_od_clk_voltage
    OD_SCLK:
    0: 201Mhz
    1: 1101Mhz
    OD_RANGE:
    SCLK: 201MHz 1101MHz
    My problem is, I can´t get pp_dpm_mclk lower, with older kernels I was able to have the lowest, 400Mhz.
    At the same time I can´t change power_dpm_state, it is always set to performance.

What is going on there? Why can´t these values be changed?
    Thanx
    Last edited by Fernseher; 01 June 2021, 05:19 PM.

On APUs, the memory clock is shared with the CPU so it could be high due to requirements on other components on the system.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      On APUs, the memory clock is shared with the CPU so it could be high due to requirements on other components on the system.
      That makes sense. Though I have no clue, why in the past I could set lower freqs for mclk. But maybe in the past this was reporting wrong and just gave the impression of having set a lower freq and *now* reports correctly...

Comment

Originally posted by Fernseher View Post

That makes sense. Though I have no clue, why in the past I could set lower freqs for mclk. But maybe in the past this was reporting wrong and just gave the impression of having set a lower freq and *now* reports correctly...
        Is this a lenovo system? Some people have reported problems on lenovo systems with certain GPU firmware combinations. You may try upgrading or downgrading the GPU firmware for you system.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

Is this a lenovo system? Some people have reported problems on lenovo systems with certain GPU firmware combinations. You may try upgrading or downgrading the GPU firmware for you system.
          Yes!
          Actually this is a Lenovo Thinkpad E585.
          I´ll see if there is a new firmware available.

Comment

Working...
          X