HDMI output problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@nanonyme :

Officially my TV support 720p through HDMI connector, then, at 800x600 I'm fare away
    1080p is supported by Sony only if the device is a PSP3.
    The TV has a D-SUB connector that only officially accept 1360x768 (and it's working fine for me, but with DSUB glitches naturally), but some people on the Internet says they've been able to have a 1080p output on this connector by tunning the modeline (but I never saw this myself, never tried).

@bugmenot :

You're maybe right with software versions "around" the radeonhd driver, but my box is not really a "box".
    Mother board, power supply and disks are screwed directly on the TV's wood stuff. There is no cdrom player (no sufficient space for it).
    I'll be able to unscrew and make live CD tests "right out of the box", but this is the lastest thing I'm ready to do.

Debian's testing version is evolving constantly, a lot of packages have been updated since lasts tries, and my radeonhd's driver knowledges have growing since last weeks, so I'll have another tests session this evenning.
    I'll take you informed.

By the way, thanks for ideas and support, I really appreciate.

Comment

One night, 2 sleep hours, and always same result :
      640x480 and 800x600 : OK
      1024x768, and over : Failed (black screen)

Next steps :
      - trying a Nvidia card
      - plug a new hard disk to try with Window$

By the way : does the kernel process above and over 800x600 signals differently ?

Always looking for a solution ...

Comment

Working...
      X