Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kano
    replied
    Did somebody ever try to play a video with a res like 1280x536 which shows about a 8 pixel green bar. xv seems to work only when the res % 16 is 0.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Yep, just to be clear, the Ubuntu driver is an early branch off what will become the 9.4 release, not the final 9.4 release itself.

Leave a comment:

• PuckPoltergeist
    replied
    Originally posted by kensai View Post
    Yay!, 9.4 doesn't work with kernel 2.6.29. Huuray for AMD and their great "Linux" "support". When are you guys going to support Linux and not some distributions?
    What are you complaning about? 9.4 isn't released yet.

Leave a comment:

• kensai
    replied
    Yay!, 9.4 doesn't work with kernel 2.6.29. Huuray for AMD and their great "Linux" "support". When are you guys going to support Linux and not some distributions?

Leave a comment:

• dgrafenhofer
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Well you have to reboot on opensuse then when you dont do

rmmod radeon drm
    I always reboot after installing catalyst, so this should not be the issue.

Now I also tried to remove /etc/ati on opensuse before installing the 9.2 version of catalyst... still crashes...

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Well you have to reboot on opensuse then when you dont do

rmmod radeon drm

before starting X. Somethigs even this has problems, therefore my script has a lesser known option called -z which would require a reboot.

Leave a comment:

• dgrafenhofer
    replied
    Did you really use
    before installing new driver?
    Strictly speaking "no", but in effect I guess "yes":

On opensuse 11.1 I installed the 8.12 on toa clean install (without any proprietary driver). There should not be any files under /etc/ati in this situation.

On ubuntu 8.10 I called the uninstall script under /usr/share/ati and performed a reboot before installing the new driver. I also tried your install script under ubuntu (which calls "rm -rf /etc/ati").

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    It is not removed the old file by default. Did you really use

/etc/init.d/atieventsd stop
    /etc/init.d/gdm stop

rmmod fglrx

or similar and then

rm -rf /etc/ati

before installing new driver?

Leave a comment:

• dgrafenhofer
    replied
    Some bugs are because of the /etc/ati/amdpcsdb file which usually written on X shutdown. ... That's the problem with running X -> GUI update is not always the best.
    I tried to install with and without the X-server running. Unfortunately this did not solve the crash on the startup of X.

Dominik

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Some bugs are because of the /etc/ati/amdpcsdb file which usually written on X shutdown. When you update the driver while X is running then it would not help to remove it on update as a new file is written on shutdown. That's the problem with running X -> GUI update is not always the best. At least this kind of error can be avoided when you run a script from text console - or extra tricky using nohup.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X