X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venemo
    replied
    Originally posted by ms178 View Post
    Venemo I revisited this (Haswell 2678V3, Vega56, Manjaro, 5.10.9 Xanmod with Calcule, KwinFT, libdrm-git, mesa-git as of today (cec2ed7c80f) and could re-claim most of my lost performance with "radeonsi_enable_sam=true", I do get 70 fps. This is with the 32-bit legacy version, Proton-Experimental and the following start options: radeonsi_enable_sam=true PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1 PROTON_NO_FSYNC=1 %command% -lockmouse -nomovies.

The 64bit-version which came out of Beta a couple of days ago currently doesn't work with Proton-Experimental and freezes after loading the benchmark. Would be great to fix it and will file a bug report for it.
    Good to know, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• ms178
    replied
    Venemo I revisited this (Haswell 2678V3, Vega56, Manjaro, 5.10.9 Xanmod with Calcule, KwinFT, libdrm-git, mesa-git as of today (cec2ed7c80f) and could re-claim most of my lost performance with "radeonsi_enable_sam=true", I do get 70 fps. This is with the 32-bit legacy version, Proton-Experimental and the following start options: radeonsi_enable_sam=true PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1 PROTON_NO_FSYNC=1 %command% -lockmouse -nomovies.

The 64bit-version which came out of Beta a couple of days ago currently doesn't work with Proton-Experimental and freezes after loading the benchmark. Would be great to fix it and will file a bug report for it.

Leave a comment:

• rmfx
    replied
    Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
    In my opinion Mesa is the pinnacle of multicorp. open source collaboration
    Collaboration - NVidia.

Leave a comment:

• ms178
    replied
    Originally posted by Venemo View Post

Can you please tell me which GPU you have exactly, and between which two mesa releases did you notice the regression? thanks.
    GPU is Vega 56. It is hard to be more exact on the root cause as this might be as well an issue somewhere else in the stack as different Kernel versions and software packages were used.

Leave a comment:

• Venemo
    replied
    Originally posted by ms178 View Post
    it might take some days or weeks, but I will do that eventually. As the game comes with an in-game-benchmark it should be relatively easy to reproduce.

Can you please tell me which GPU you have exactly, and between which two mesa releases did you notice the regression? thanks.

Leave a comment:

• ms178
    replied
    Originally posted by Venemo View Post

Please open a bug report against upstream mesa, write down how to reproduce this and we'll see if we can help.
    As I am switching OS quite regularly, it might take some days or weeks, but I will do that eventually. As the game comes with an in-game-benchmark it should be relatively easy to reproduce.

By the way, it would be great to merge asap: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/..._requests/8543 as the build with llvm-git is currently failing.
    Last edited by ms178; 17 January 2021, 07:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ms178
    replied
    Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
    ms178 How fast is amdvlk in comparison?
    Last time I tried (before Christmas) amdvlk was way slower, in the 45 - 50 fps range on my Vega 56 in that game.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    pal666 hehe yes it was almost too obvious ..so I missed it. Indeed as written by cytomax55 it should be #2

Leave a comment:

• cytomax55
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    how about linux kernel?
    Yup I think linux kernel #1 and mesa is #2

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    Seeing a lot of Navi and newer changes. What about the rest of us?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X