Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Gallium3D Adds Radeon GPU Profiler Support

Phoronix: RadeonSI Gallium3D Adds Radeon GPU Profiler Support

Surprisingly it has taken until 2021 but the RadeonSI Gallium3D OpenGL driver now supports using the company's own Radeon GPU Profiler...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is the first implementation for OpenGL. Previously it was only supported for Vulkan, DX12, and OpenCL.

Comment

I'm curious to see what kinds of performance benefits this profiler can bring.

Comment

agd5f what developers used before to profile the programs? Apitrace and flamegraphs?

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
          agd5f what developers used before to profile the programs? Apitrace and flamegraphs?
          That and HW perf counters and stuff built into mesa.

Comment

For Vulkan, a lot of game developers would simply test on amdvlkn. For OpenGL, I don't know, probably apitrace, renderdoc and some other adhoc methods. Then once it is done on amdvlkn, they will either ship it like that (for Stadia for example), or do sanity checks on radv to confirm performance is essentially same.

RGP doesn't support OpenGL profiling out of the box, on AMD Pro drivers, or on Windows.

So, that is cool that now radv and radeonsi can generate profiles that are usable with RGP. I really like it, and how more features will be added that are now missing (like shader disassembly, etc).

Comment

Working...
            X