R600/700 EXA X-Video Code Merged To Master

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
    Yes. All cards before have 3d support now, even for many months now. R600/700 will follow hopefully soon. Whats missing and whats important is still power saving for notebooks.
    so running compiz and for example glxgears work at the same time? no problems there?

Comment

Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
      so running compiz and for example glxgears work at the same time? no problems there?
      As far as I know, this works even with DRI1 when using the OpenSource drivers, yes. Don't how, but it does.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        As far as I know, this works even with DRI1 when using the OpenSource drivers, yes. Don't how, but it does.
        Not correctly, it doesn't. It flickers constantly. If you move the glxgears window, you will simply move a black box around and the gears don't actually move till you release the mouse pointer. And, even then, you get the remnant of the gears in their original position. If you rotate the cube, the gears do not rotate with it...

All this will be solved by DRI2, but it certainly does not work properly with DRI1.

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
          Yes. All cards before have 3d support now, even for many months now. R600/700 will follow hopefully soon. Whats missing and whats important is still power saving for notebooks.
          And 3D performance, which is still lacking compared to fglrx.

Adam

Comment

3d performance should improve a lot when gallium3d support arrives so proper shader optimization can be done by the driver.

Comment

Originally posted by adamk View Post
              Not correctly, it doesn't. It flickers constantly. If you move the glxgears window, you will simply move a black box around and the gears don't actually move till you release the mouse pointer. And, even then, you get the remnant of the gears in their original position. If you rotate the cube, the gears do not rotate with it...

All this will be solved by DRI2, but it certainly does not work properly with DRI1.

Adam
              well we have xserver 1.6 with dri2
              so is there anyone with a driver using dri2 that works fine with a compositer?

Comment

Originally posted by TechMage89 View Post
                3d performance should improve a lot when gallium3d support arrives so proper shader optimization can be done by the driver.
                "should improve"... I try not to put too much stock in things that "should" happen :-)

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
                  well we have xserver 1.6 with dri2
                  so is there anyone with a driver using dri2 that works fine with a compositer?
                  Juanty has a DRI2 enabled intel driver, but nothing for the radeon. I believe that the developers are working on the final pieces for DRI2 in the radeon driver but that it isn't quite ready yet.

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by adamk View Post
                    Juanty has a DRI2 enabled intel driver, but nothing for the radeon. I believe that the developers are working on the final pieces for DRI2 in the radeon driver but that it isn't quite ready yet.

Adam
                    thx for the information

Comment

Originally posted by PuckPoltergeist View Post
                      The radeon driver won't work here, not even without any acceleration. I only get a black screen with some artefacts the top border of the screen.

X.org log: http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~johi-...g.0.log.radeon
                      Reading helps. The fglrx driver was interfering. I've had to uninstall completely. Now the xf86-video-ati works here.

Hm, I was a little to fast. VT-switch to console doesn't work. The monitor is switching of than, but I can switch back to X.

PS: To fast again. Seems that fglrx was responsible for the not working vt-switch too. Reboot helped. (the fglrx kernel module was not loaded!)
                      Last edited by PuckPoltergeist; 15 March 2009, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X