Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Navi 2 "Sienna Cichlid" Published For AMD's OpenGL Driver

Phoronix: Radeon Navi 2 "Sienna Cichlid" Published For AMD's OpenGL Driver

Last week AMD's open-source Linux engineers published the initial Linux kernel driver patches for the "Sienna Cichild" GPU that appears to be almost definitely the big Navi 2. Now that those AMDGPU patches are public, the folks working on the user-space drivers have had the go-ahead to begin volleying their related patches for Sienna Cichild. Out today is the RadeonSI OpenGL driver support for this next-generation Navi GPU...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Radeon Navi 2 "Sienna Cichlid" Published For AMD's OpenGL Driver

Last week AMD's open-source Linux engineers published the initial Linux kernel driver patches for the "Sienna Cichild" GPU that appears to be almost definitely the big Navi 2. Now that those AMDGPU patches are public, the folks working on the user-space drivers have had the go-ahead to begin volleying their related patches for Sienna Cichild. Out today is the RadeonSI OpenGL driver support for this next-generation Navi GPU...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...chlid-RadeonSI

Comment

Once again I have to say, seeing enablement this far ahead of launch makes me very happy good work team AMD!

Comment

Michael what is it?
        "Cichlid", "Cichild" or "Chiclid"? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
          Once again I have to say, seeing enablement this far ahead of launch makes me very happy good work team AMD!
          I just hope the needed driver support lands before the cards are launched so it doesn't need the hassle of patching a kernel to run. I really want to upgrade with this generation.

Comment

Originally posted by baka0815 View Post
            Michael what is it?
            That code name is a typo magnet. For that reason alone I would have picked a simpler one.

Comment

Originally posted by baka0815 View Post
              Michael what is it?
              Chinchilla Quesadilla.

Comment

Working...
              X