AMDGPU Driver Sees More Fixes For Linux 5.7 Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post

That's the 'flickering issue' (see 'bugtrag').
    Without this you do NOT get full low power idle with more then 1 (_same_) monitors. (see amd-staging-drm-next).

No, it stems from the automatic mclk _switching_ (down to 300 mhz and up to 2000 mhz max).

'auto switching' is disabled per default 'cause it is broken, now.
    So you need 'amdgpu.ppfeaturemask=0xfffd7fff' to enable it for testing (amd-staging-drm-next).
    Without it you never get full low idle.

It should, but you do NOT get full low idle.

Let me see
    cat /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/amdgpu_pm_info
    please.

GFX Clocks and Power:
    300 MHz (MCLK)
    300 MHz (SCLK)
    600 MHz (PSTATE_SCLK)
    1000 MHz (PSTATE_MCLK)
    750 mV (VDDGFX)
    32.60 W (average GPU)

GPU Temperature: 28 C
    GPU Load: 0 %
    MEM Load: 3 %

As I wrote here is 'all' fine except the 'green wavy flickering effect' and maybe the firmware bug (to high PSTATE_SCLK and PSTATE_MCLK, they go not down).
    I'm on, ugh, Windows right now. But that output was basically the same except change 32.60 W to 31.75 W, one of the SLCKs was at 410 MHz, and the PSTATE_MCLK was at 2000 Mhz.

Long story short, using PC-PS4 cross play to team up with my Dad in that new, free COD Warzone. AFAIK, it can't be made to run on Linux

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I'm on, ugh, Windows right now. But that output was basically the same except change 32.60 W to 31.75 W, one of the SLCKs was at 410 MHz, and the PSTATE_MCLK was at 2000 Mhz.

Long story short, using PC-PS4 cross play to team up with my Dad in that new, free COD Warzone. AFAIK, it can't be made to run on Linux
      Thanks for these additional infos.

So you have 2 different monitors (with different resolutions and connectors) ergo max idle clock usage can't work in any way. Windows can't full down clock, too.

Please send 'cat /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/amdgpu_pm_info'.
      If you have with 'amd-staging-drm-next' + my mentioned kernel parameters.

Comment

Originally posted by gardotd426 View Post

Doing any of the three things I mentioned eliminates the flickering issue, which is what I was referring to. If you still want to be able to use "auto," the patch works.
        Solving symptoms...

Why can't you understand that your mentioned solutions overrule 'auto' (=> disable it, which is the same as set it to low or high) do NOT fix it in any way?
        The patch were discussed and do not solve it.
        Thats why it's not in 'amd-staging-drm-next'.

Alex (we) working on it for the last several months/year.
        Last edited by nuetzel; 15 March 2020, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X