Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ResponseWriter
    replied
    Personally I'm waiting for a fix for the issue attached before I update beyond 5.4, hopefully in an upcoming 5.5 point release so it doesn't take too long.

I enjoyed TNG and Voyager equally for different reasons. DS9 started to bore me after a while and I could never get into Enterprise, but maybe I need to give it another go beyond the first few episodes.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    DS9 > TNG > Voyager > Enterprise > Discovery (only S1 so far) > TOS for me.

I really enjoyed enterprise even though it's only 4th on my list, it just didn't have characters that I found quite as interesting as the top 3 shows did.

TOS really hasn't aged well in my opinion, but I'd probably feel differently about it if I grew up when it was new.

And Disco just felt wrong to me for the first season, but maybe that's unfair to the show considering how many other trek shows kind of stunk their first seasons.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Something about Discovery rubs me the wrong way, although I guess I should watch it start to finish before criticizing. Too many of the characters seemed to be there just to look alien without exploring any of their alien-ness. Anton Chekhov (not Pavel Andreievich) would have had a fit.

So another vote for Enterprise followed by TNG, and this is from someone who used to run home from school to watch TOS episodes on TV for the first time. It would probably be fair to accuse me of preferring shows that are most like TOS, although I don't think about it that way.

By the way when we talk about off-topic, is "the real topic" the initial post, Voyager, or Star Trek in general ?
    Last edited by bridgman; 25 February 2020, 10:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Venemo
    replied
    Originally posted by Linux_Chemist
    haha voyager was a bit bumpy first couple of seasons (with really good ones like "S02E13 Prototype" and "S02E23 The Thaw") And we don't speak about "S02E15 Threshold" but even cringy episodes like the dinosaurs evacuating earth and becoming this super advanced race in the Delta quadrant becomes an intelligent and powerful episode on Religion conflicting with Science. Molto bene...sublime to watch.
    How about Discovery? Or the other new series?

Leave a comment:

• GraysonPeddie
    replied
    Sorry for going off-topic here. People here are talking about DS9 and my post got flagged for talking about Star Trek: The Next Generation.

(Sigh) No wonder why we went too far off-topic. I'm still a legitimate user, though. I'm not trying to spam. The forum approved of my previous post, I edited my post because I went too far off-topic and my post got unapproved by the forum software.

Leave a comment:

• GraysonPeddie
    replied
    Interesting benchmarks between 5600 and 5700 regardless of the kernel version. 5600 XT is really not that far behind compared to 5700 XT in terms of frame rates. I could see myself going with 5600XT due to less power draw than a 5700 XT, although I won't be playing high-demanding games until the next line of GPUs come out that draw about 150W with ray tracing. Portal 2 and The Talos Principle is more of my style of puzzle games. Well, if there are any puzzle games with visuals that compare to The Talos Principle, that would be cool to play at 4K.

I currently have a GTX 960 and want to get away from NVIDIA proprietary drivers.

And as an off-topic note, I love Star Trek: The Next Generation. Each TV show has its own strengths and weakness, but to me, I found the crew members of TNG to be more mature than Voyager and DS9. I mean, the crew members fit together very well along with the ship. Enterprise USS 1701-D and crew members matched them perfectly together. I can't say the same for DS9 and Voyager, as the crew members aren't my type compared to The Next Generation. In my opinion, the atmosphere of the ship is so much better compared to Voyager and DS9.

And anyone interested in the tour of Enterprise D?
    I take no credit in this project, just increasing awareness.Find information about this video here at *edit, website no longer exists**update* the project ma...

Okay, enough off-topic chatter for now.
    Last edited by GraysonPeddie; 25 February 2020, 03:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• blacknova
    replied
    I constantly get stacktrace on broken assert with Ryzen 2400g APU, https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/amd/issues/839 it would not be that annoying if fedora didn't spam me through abrt.

Leave a comment:

• moilami
    replied
    I remember watching Galactica when I was a kid, was damn awesome. Have to find them series.

Obligatory Topic: Very happy AMD RX 5700 and Ryzen 3700X user here. Debian Testing with kernel 5.4.19-1 does not seem to have any issues. GTA:O goes smooth in maxed settings with vsync enabled.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by alvinde View Post

Very brave. I recently came to the realization that the last two seasons of Enterprise are probably my favourite seasons of any Trek series, even if Enterprise isn't my favorite overall.

But if it were, I wouldn't be brave enough to say it in public.
    It's like Battlestar Galactia (the remake) -- very good show ruined by the ending. I pretend their last episodes just don't exist...and that boxing episode...fracking snooze fest...

Leave a comment:

• alvinde
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

My favorite is Enterprise, so, yeah...at least you won't be alone in your destruction.
    Very brave. I recently came to the realization that the last two seasons of Enterprise are probably my favourite seasons of any Trek series, even if Enterprise isn't my favorite overall.

But if it were, I wouldn't be brave enough to say it in public.

As for Guest

Leave a comment:

Working...
X